Thread: Audio in Premiere

Default Audio in Premiere

Just made a step back onto Premiere Pro from FCP since my PC handles AE better than the Mac, thinking of moving onto Avid but will stick with this for a while. I'm not a newbie as such when it comes to post production but I'm just wondering why Premiere Pro doesn't seem to have 2 channels for each layer of audio? So if my camera has external and onboard sound recording (2 mics) I can split the two up and duplicate channels if one is getting poor sound.

I havn't looked to far into this yet, maybe I'm missing something easy here but hopefully someone can give me an explination.

Ta!

Kyle

By onborard sound recording I take it you are referring to the inbuilt mic? They are no match for external microphones, most are located too near motors, buttons, dials on the camcorder body etc and their pickup range is quite limited.

Yeah, thats not what I mean though haha. Take for example a pd150/170, they have 2 channels for external audio devices to be plugged into, wether that be a rifle mic/smaller mic mounted to the camera/radio mic, etc.

Once i've captured the footage shot with 2 mic's and dragged it onto the timeline, it only shows one channel of audio, presumably mixing the two channels. Where as on FCP I get two channels - left and right.

Whats with that :/