Thread: Configure Video editing PC

Default Configure Video editing PC

Hi there! I am Kabir from Bangladesh. I am going to configure a editing PC for me. I need your suggestions about choose right mother board, processor, RAM, PC card, Capture card more over a good soft ware for editing.

Some one has suggested me to create the PC with processor Intel PD-3.0GHz, Intel DQ965 GF motherboard, 4GM Ram, 512 MB Nvidia G force display card and Liquid pro 7. I am very new in this line.

So, pls, help me by giving perfect suggesstins.

Ahsanul Kabir.

Hi,

Just come across this forum but have just been looking through the posts. I dont claim to be an expert on hardware (far from it) but from what I have read and learnt in the past few months is that their is no point in getting more than 2GB RAM if you are only planning to use a 32bit operating system(O/S). The extra RAM will just not be used 4GB would only be recommened if you are looking at a 64bit O/S) . Hope this has helped you a little

Nick

Hi! Nick,

Thanks a lot for your advice. I have simply came to know using RAM. I am going to use 64 bit.

Thanks again

Kabir

Blog Entries

If you are using a dv camera with a firewire port you will not need a capture card.

The system you describ looks good. You dont mention what size disc drives, get the biggest you can afford as video files are huge.

Also considor using 2 drives. Put the operating system and programs on one drive and use the other for video. This will make the pc smoother and faster.

Hi! Mark.

Thanks a lot for your advice. I am going to use 2 sata hard disk of 250gb. I will use those as you said. I have fireware port to capture from DV camera. Could you please describe more about using Liquid Pro 7. I thing, it has two option, hardware and software. It will help me to capture as well as making movie.

Thanks again.

Kabir

Blog Entries

Sorry, I dont know anything about that software.