Thread: adobe premier elements 2 help please

Question adobe premier elements 2 help please

I have adobe premier elements 2, which I am happy with most of the package.
    However, I do have a couple of problems. The first being is whenver I burn to DVD, it takes on average about 5 hours each time. My pc works fine, but it is very frustrating - surely it shouldn't take this long should it?
    Secondly, how do I legally import music into my production? I have made a DVD slideshow for a xmas present, and purchased music tracks from Tesco download, played thwm on Windows Media Player, where the licence was acquired, but Adobe Premier Elements won't allow me to include them. How do I do this?
    Everyones help is very much appreciated, as I mentioned I am doing this quickly for a xmas present.
    Many thanks

Western Europe

Your DVD shouldn't take 5 hours to burn, what is the spec of your computer? Generally speaking it should take about 1 to 1.5 times the length of your movie. I've found that if you have a movie that is 30 minutes long then it should take about 45 minutes to burn it. But then again if you have a lot of transitions and effects applied and lots of video layers and audio layers you're looking at a longer burn time. But still, 5 hours still seems excessive. The subject of licences to use music or any other artistic material is a very grey area, whereas you are obliged to have a licence for a public performance (music being played in shopping centres... Roy Wood and Wizard comes to mind especially at this time of year, he has to get his cut), you don't need one to show a video or music in the privacy of your own home. In fact we shouldn't even be recording stuff off the tv or the radio, but as long as it is for personal use then there is no problem with it. When you downloaded the music from Tesco, was there no licence agreement where you had to tick a box and agree to the terms?