Thread: Which camcorder

Default Which camcorder

ok im looking into HD and i have beem looking at this camcorder and i am pretty intrested in it what do you guys think? JVC Victor EVERIO GZ-HD7 Black Silver New 60GB HDD 1080 - (eBay item 250188199490 end time Nov-25-07 07:59:05 PST)

That one or this one?? im not sure JVC GR-HD1 NO RESERVE!!!!!!!! - (eBay item 280175275414 end time Nov-25-07 20:18:42 PST)

I have the GZ MG-505, which is a similar camera with a 30gb HD. One thing to be aware of with that JVC/Victor GZ-HD7.......Victor is a JVC company, most all Victor products ship directly from Japan just like it says in that listing you linked to. What you are going to find is that the menus and info that appears on the screen can be switched to english, but you will have to navigate through by trial and error, unless you read Japanese, to find the proper menu function to change to english, and all markings and printing on the body of the camera, i.e. power switch, menu buttons, flash button, port descriptions etc. are all going to be in Japanese. So unless you read Japanese you will have to experiment by trial and error, then memorize what buttons do what, and what ports perform what functions. I like the second link, higher end camera, more for professional use, good price, my only concern would be the "used" factor, and the seller only having 4 feedback. I would contact that seller and request additional, more detailed close up images of the LCD screen, the bottom of the camera where the tripod connects. Good, close up images of those areas will give you a better indication of actual use time.

ok now im looking at this one and the HD1 JVC Everio GZ-HD7 60GB HDD Camcorder + 2 LENS PRO KIT - (eBay item 290185053376 end time Dec-03-07 13:03:37 PST)

which one would be better for shooting Motocross and taping atv and dirtbikes??

Here is the same camera, almost identical bonus package, $200 less.

JVC Everio GZ-HD7 60GB HDD Camcorder +PRO PKG 100% NEW! - (eBay item 140183265675 end time Dec-01-07 22:52:13 PST)

One thing you are going to want to investigate, is the software required to manipulate this cameras footage (HD 1080i) available, and is it affordable? When I got my JVC I was looking at the Sony HDR-SR1 which compressed its files in AVCHD, so I would have need to buy special software at that time to deal with those files and that software was like $1000. So check the camera out to that end as well.

i have sony vegas 8 and i think that works with HD and i so have a jvc camcorder right now and it works so i think this one should work too

Yeah, I'd say you'll be good to go then.