Thread: Alpha Channel Help

Default Alpha Channel Help

Hey, new to this forums and hoping i could get some help!

Currently working on making a few clips for a website. Making keyed blue screen transparent for flash.

1: I key the clip

2: export in .mov "animation millions of colors+"

3: import to Sorenson Squeeze and applying the On2 Vp6 codec for .flv

I am getting alot of problems with Sorenson, first of all the flv player does not open the .flv file after i squeeze it.

I'm pretty sure these are the correct steps, if anyone can help out it would be awesome!

~Chris Fisher

what software are you keying the clip in?....We use Serious Magic Ultra when you export you have to save it as uncompressed avi....with alpha...we then use macromedia flash 8 to encode using the On2 Vp6 codec and preserving the alpha channel...I assume this is the type of thing you are trying to do

Talking Head

if it is you have another bit of tweaking to do to your html....no one out there wants to discuss it....its a bit of a "secret" how you do it.....to be honest we had to "buy" the "secret" from a guy online....the market is about to explode for this type of video /flv...you want to be in on it at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by torby View Post
    what software are you keying the clip in?....We use Serious Magic Ultra when you export you have to save it as uncompressed avi....with alpha...we then use macromedia flash 8 to encode using the On2 Vp6 codec and preserving the alpha channel...I assume this is the type of thing you are trying to do

Talking Head

if it is you have another bit of tweaking to do to your html....no one out there wants to discuss it....its a bit of a "secret" how you do it.....to be honest we had to "buy" the "secret" from a guy online....the market is about to explode for this type of video /flv...you want to be in on it at the start.
    yea that is exactly what i am doing, and i figured it out last night! except the takin head still is over a white background there...

thx

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenBoneFilms View Post
    yea that is exactly what i am doing, and i figured it out last night! except the takin head still is over a white background there...

thx
    I see you've discovered the problems with Firefox...lol....try viewing with Internet Explorer...lol

There's always something to hamper all of us in our work....

All the best

Torby

just noticed the name of your film company....I had a quick peek at the front page of your site....I can see now where the name comes from...excellent....greetings to you out there in Vancouver....wonder if its as cold and dark as it is here in Northern Ireland at the moment

all the best

torby

Quote Originally Posted by torby View Post
    just noticed the name of your film company....I had a quick peek at the front page of your site....I can see now where the name comes from...excellent....greetings to you out there in Vancouver....wonder if its as cold and dark as it is here in Northern Ireland at the moment

all the best

torby
    Haha thanks! I'm actually shooting a pilot in San Fransisco, really lucky because its still very nice here. Vancouver on the other hand.... lol rain rain rain rain rain

sorry i missed part of your first post, i was really out of it editing...

I use Final Cut pro6 for editing, the chroma Keyer is damn fantastic on that application.

Cheers~
    Chris Fisher