Thread: Audio not working

Default Audio not working

Today,I installed Sony Vegas 7 ,but for some odd reason,whenever I want to see my edited video in Sony Vegas,it shows the video ,but there's no sound.Also,when I render the video and open it by using Windows Media Player/RealPlayer,the media player shows the video but not the sound.I'm in a real dilemma ,so please help me out.Is my file damaged ,or maybe I need to click something in the audio options..Thanks

Blog Entries

More info, please!
    You say your edited video - where did it come from before it was edited (ie what type of camera or other source). How did you get it into Vegas? Was it already edited or do you mean a video you edited within Vegas?
    Does an audio track appear on the timeline?
    Has the audio track been muted (circle with diagonal line on the track header)
    Can you post a screen grab of your project in Vegas?
    Tim

I'm sooo sorry :(.I'll try my best.

I have to do a project that talks about women in music videos.My french teacher wants us to add french subtitles in our video ,so he can follow the song and in the same time understand the words.

Anyway,I downloaded the youtube video by using a youtube video grabber.Then,I had to use a converter to make it a .avi video format instead of flv.After the successful conversion,I played th video on Windows Media Player but I only heard the audio ( no video).After searching on the internet,I realized I had to download a video codec for it to work.I installed the theorica video codecs bundle and it fixed the problem.(

In order to add caption,I started using my friend's Sony Vegas 7.0b CD,but now I cant hear anything :(.When I press the play button in Vegas,the video shows but I cant hear anything???So,I rendered my unifinished project to see if the sound was there but I cant hear anything.Basically(thanks to the codecs),theres audio and video when I use Windows Media Player but everytime I play the video within Vegas,I cant hear anything ( also when I render it).

Do I need to install another video codec(I dont even know what a codec means) or is my vegas copy corrupted :(???I beg for helllllllp.

Thanks!

This is the picture(video was playing but no sound)

Blog Entries

Thanks for posting all that info and the screen grab. It's really helpful.
    What's clear is that Vegas has not recognised the audio at all - putting an avi with video and audio on the timeline would normally result in TWO tracks being created - one video, one audio.
    You need to find a codec (an amalgamation of "compress/decompress" - the algorithm used for compressing video/audio) that will work with your avi AND Vegas.
    You could muck about, download GSpot (free) and load your avi into that which will tell us exactly what codec was used which may or may not help.

I'D BYPASS ALL THAT for the sake of getting the job done.

Open up the avi in a package that DOES recognise the audio (eg Windows Media Player) and create a wav from that. Import that into Vegas and job done. Sync shouldn't be a problem as the source is the same in both.
    It might be useful to create an interim avi from Vegas so you have the "raw" footage with both audio and video in a format that Vegas will recognise.

In the meantine, I'll wait for Grazie with his keen eyes who will no doubt be able to deduce 101 things I've missed from your screen grab.
    Tim

Default hey

i followed the information that was given here and found the codec that was having problems but i have installed another codec but it still is having issues.

i could use some help.

Thanks for the invite, Tim, but this is way beyond me. Sorry.