Thread: Am I improving any?

Question Am I improving any?

I have changed file type and am trying to make better use of video.

Am I improving any?

YouTube - Betsy at Play or What? You tell me.

Hmmm

Its good that you can get you footage from your hi-def camera and re-encode for YouTube.

No doubt the film means something to you and your family. However, as a single shot film of around 90 seconds, for a general audience its just too dull. Ttry to make your films stand out from the YouTube crowd. For example,

1. Film the dog from multiple angles, then edit the shots together. Try planning in advance what kind of shots/film look you want to achieve.

2. Why don't you try doing a Human Voice over on the dog, like the dog is taking the Mickey out of the Humans.

Just think out of the box a little. Trust me it will make your films much more interesting,

Enjoy
    COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
    Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
    Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11

Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.

Smile Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by purejammy View Post
    Hmmm

Its good that you can get you footage from your hi-def camera and re-encode for YouTube.

No doubt the film means something to you and your family. However, as a single shot film of around 90 seconds, for a general audience its just too dull. Ttry to make your films stand out from the YouTube crowd. For example,

1. Film the dog from multiple angles, then edit the shots together. Try planning in advance what kind of shots/film look you want to achieve.

2. Why don't you try doing a Human Voice over on the dog, like the dog is taking the Mickey out of the Humans.

Just think out of the box a little. Trust me it will make your films much more interesting,

Enjoy
    ====
    Thanks for the input I need a more powerful editing software program as my Ulead DVD Movie Maker is very lite in what it allows me to do. It came with the Canon HG10.

I had wanted to get into video for many years but hated tape as I hated film in my 35mm and 2-1/4 cameras. So when the digitals came along I started looking at the camcorders.

Right now I have to just take my choice of things to video as I can find them. So it's mostly family items. but I understand what your telling me. and will start putting more into my movies.

again thanks for the help.
    DK