Thread: Jiggly text problem in Premiere

Question Jiggly text problem in Premiere

Hi, I've recently compiled a video in Premiere CS3 using still images and video clips. I used After Effects CS3 to create titles that blur in and out as an effect.

Here is the issue: whether I render the titles from AE or directly import the AE file into the Premiere timeline, the titles tend to render out jiggling up and down when they should be staying still after fading in. This happens even with the least amount of compression, and meanwhile all of the clips and panning images are perfectly fine. The jiggling doesn't happen in the preview screen in Premiere on the other hand. Is there something I am missing?
    Last edited by squeakyjim; 11-16-2007 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by squeakyjim View Post
    Hi, I've recently compiled a video in Premiere CS3 using still images and video clips. I used After Effects CS3 to create titles that blur in and out as an effect.

Here is the issue: whether I render the titles from AE or directly import the AE file into the Premiere timeline, the titles tend to render out jiggling up and down when they should be staying still after fading in. This happens even with the least amount of compression, and meanwhile all of the clips and panning images are perfectly fine. The jiggling doesn't happen in the preview screen in Premiere on the other hand. Is there something I am missing?
    In a word... YES!

It's not in front of me but in Premiere You can right click on a clip and there is an option to remove flicker in these sorts of circumstances.

I'm presuming you have interlaced footage you are rendering to.
    Last edited by Alan Mills; 11-19-2007 at 07:14 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills View Post
    In a word... YES!

IOt;s not in front of me but in Premiere You can right click on a clip and there is an option to remove flicker in these sorts of circumstances.

I';m presuming you have interlaced footege you are rendering to.
    indeed I was! thanks very much, worked like a charm.. if you right click it and go into field options, its in there..

while I was waiting for a reply, I tried exporting each AVI without compression and then putting it into premiere and that minimized the jiggling quite a bit, but still made the text move a little..