Thread: Everything is tied together

Default Everything is tied together

I'm using Sony Vegas and I'm having a strange problem on my current video project. Anytime I try to move one video clip around on the time line, all other video clips on the timeline move with it.

For example, if I move a video clip from 1 min and 5 seconds on the timeline to 1 min and 10 seconds on the timeline, all 15 other video clips will also move 5 seconds to the right.

These clips aren't grouped together either, since the problem is there even when I turn on "ignore event grouping".

Quote Originally Posted by kweiss View Post
    I'm using Sony Vegas and I'm having a strange problem on my current video project.
    My guess is that this is NOT a problem at all. Please check that you haven't left ON and/or not disengaged "Auto Ripple" - it's up there on the Toolbar OR in Options > "Auto Ripple" OR you have inadvertently hit the KB combination of Ctrl+L. If this IS the case, then disengage it and you should be fine.

Once you have mastered it, and its options, Auto Ripple is a very VERY powerful tool - and definitely NOT a problem.

Grazie

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    My guess is that this is NOT a problem at all. Please check that you haven't left ON and/or not disengaged "Auto Ripple" - it's up there on the Toolbar OR in Options > "Auto Ripple" OR you have inadvertently hit the KB combination of Ctrl+L. If this IS the case, then disengage it and you should be fine.

Once you have mastered it, and its options, Auto Ripple is a very VERY powerful tool - and definitely NOT a problem.

Grazie
    Ah, thank you sir. Auto Ripple was the "problem". I was afraid this thread was going to be a rookie question.

I've used Vegas for a while, but I haven't ever strayed past most of it's more basic functions. Sorry for the false alarm, and I truly appreciate the help.

There are options in the ripple so it can be set to make life easier when moving or trimming stuff on the time line.