Thread: vegas 8 access violation qt7plug.dll

Default vegas 8 access violation qt7plug.dll

hey all

I'm having an annoying problem with vegas 8 and was wondering if anyone else has encountered this. I'm editing a music video that was shot on a Nokia n95 so I'm working with .mp4's and a lot of them. I get the access violation with qt7plug.dll after i have created a new subclip within the trimmer and then try to open a new file into the trimmer. Downgrading to QT 6 is not an option. Is there a way to get vegas 8 to decode using a different plugin? I am using XP. Any idea's will be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gpt.sunbeam View Post
    I'm having an annoying problem with vegas 8 . . . I get the access violation with qt7plug.dll after i have created a new subclip within the trimmer and then try to open a new file into the trimmer.
    As I have never ever used this work flow, I'm sticking my neck out here, but . . . surely the Subbie will be created according to your Project settings? No? In which case the "project-created-format" subbie could be something that is creating the problem? Yeah?

I really don't know/understand just where in the workflow your issue is starting to appear. Sorry ..

Grazie

ta for prompt response, subsequently i have found that creating a named region in the trimmer and then when loading a new file causes the exception not creating the subclip part, so it must be a setting somewhere. i haven't tried this with other file types yet...it may be a software error...alas a thorn in my editing side.