Thread: "La Dolce Vita" The Good Life winner is...

Blog Entries

Default "La Dolce Vita" The Good Life winner is...

Since the webmaster is on holiday, I'm rather cheekily taking the step of closing the competition.

The winner is: Mark W. for his entry "The Good Life" sub-titled "4 Weeks".

The runner up, with just one point seperating him from the crown is GDR with his video of the Good life at a Barbeque.

I think I can comment about both the videos with my bit of knowledge about videomaking.
    Both deserved their places. Mark's won by a nose because, as a lot of voters noted, it took a lot of courage to bare your soul in front of an audience. It did fit the theme (in an ironic way) and left quite a mark on those who watched it. BBQ's entry was technically super and bought out the idea of a Good Life originating from family and friends. The third place was given to an entry which got a lot of sympathy votes due to the unfortunate physical appearance of the protagonist and, in my opinion, the first two places are rightly deserved.

Rob "The Guru".

Edit: There is a prize in the offing and it'll be announced soon. The awards ceremony will take place in a telephone box just off the M4 at 3am on a date to be announced...
    Last edited by Rembrandt Rob; 11-13-2007 at 07:57 PM.

The awards ceremony will take place in a telephone box just off the M4 at 3am on a date to be announced...
    I've just invited everyone from the barbeque to the award ceremony. I'd better get back and tell them it's in a phone booth.

Will it be a red one

GDR

Well done Mark!
    It was a good idea, and it's proven to have worked really well!

I really enjoyed this. It's the first time I've ever made a film for a competition, and it was great to actually have a motive when in production. Before, it's always been an idea, which is filmed, and then shown online. This gave it a meaning. So thanks for coming up with the idea. It was a good title, and I look forward to next years! You could even go for a Christmas special one. Just for fun.

There were some great entries, and I learnt an incredible amount just by watching them. So well done to everyone who entered.

Blog Entries

Congratulations Mark!

Well done Mark

It was good, and as said brave.

(From someone who hasn't had the nerve to so much as post a video at ALL yet!)

The awards ceremony will take place in a telephone box just off the M4 at 3am
    Well we all turned up but could not find Mark anywhere. We tried calling him but then realised we had no ten pence pieces.

Oh well. It was a great night though/morning!

GDR

Blog Entries

Although Mark wasn't actually there, his presence was felt by his numerous cards attached to the phone box.

Blog Entries

I hope you left those cards - I do a good business in car parks.

Thanks everyone for the thanks.

I am chuffed at winning. Truth be told the film and diary I kept was all part of getting over being very unexpectedly dumped. Most of my films are either daft or in some way expoiting other people so I thought it was a golden oppertunity to exploit myself and see if a emotional time for me could be made to communicate using the medium of video.

I did think about adding a coda - the film ended at 4 weeks, it could have continued for another 12 weeks ! But I think it would have bored the audience, and that is something that must be avoided at all costs.

I dont think it would have won but for the music my friend composed for it - it really gave it the right feel.

People may be amused to hear that i am going to submit it to 4 docs. Thier guidelines say that you need to seek releases for people who 'appear' in the film - guess what, Beccy said no. Tut. We are not currently speaking....