Thread: No sound

Default No sound

I'm using Pinnacle 11 Ultimate and everything was ok until I was recording a voiceover (not the first one by a long way) and now I get no sound through Pinnacle although all the Pinnacle buttons seem to be set correctly i.e. are not muted. I can play MP3's and Videos through Media Player and the sound is fine but can't get any sound via Pinnacle. I have de-installed and re-installed Studio but to no avail - HELP!!

I presume you have checked your soundcard/audio settings and that the mic you are using is selected in the audio mixer (recording) settings.

Is this any sound, like music, or just your recordings?
    Does the scorefitter work? (the music program built into Pinnacle)

Default Help!

Hi, I am having the same problem as original poster, I tried to do a voiceover, and now I am getting no sound in pinanacle, sound works in other programs, just in pinnacle I am unable to get any sound, can anyone help?

i have pinnacle 11, works fine, most of the time, but by golly ive had to learn the foibles of my computer - then upgraded to 12 worked finish - but lately became very slow and sluggish - few weeks ago the sound went completely - still got 11 installed, and that had everything functioning - tried to contact pinnacle a few times but no sucess, their forums dont seem to mention this either.
    Ive tried everything - taking out other programs, reinstalling - in sequence - without sequence blah blah finally FINALLY i solved the problem - i downloaded sony vegas,(free trial of the pro version) that is now working fine and im really enjoying it.
    I see amazon have some good deals on the pro version - shame really - i was going to invest in pinnacle 14 - ive had a great deal of fun with 11and 12, but never got the plug ins to work properly and consistently - id even thought of avid - but seeing its the same company and the way they deal with sales and problems - naaaaah

New computer - with Sony 10 installed - tad complex, shouldnt hurt to install pinnacle 12 - everything went fine till i tried a voice over - all of a sudden no sound at all - none.
    good bye pinnacle.