Thread: Cant render on vegas 8 trial

Default Cant render on vegas 8 trial

I am using vegas 8 trial and am currently editing a tedious family wedding video. I am finished but now the bloody thing wont render properly. Ive checked all the setting and am rendering to an avi file, with pal dv, it should work but only renders the first 10 seconds of the 15 minute video. And i need help soon as the trial for this runs out tommorow. thanks

the answer lies in the Trail version, have you tried to export the footage back to camera?

Why would you edit a whole wedding on a trial bit of software not knowing if you can render it back out.

Find someone who is near by with the full version 8 and ask kindley if they can help you out or of course know you have learned 8 might as well buy it

Default sorted - almost

all sorted. It was simply that i needed to drag over and select the whole clip. It however didnt mention this rather simple resolution in the help (as always). I was under the impression that the trial version was the same as the full version just with a limited date on it.

Another probelm now is trying to get it onto dvd. When i go through the tutourial it tells me that a button i need is not shown so i need to reset the toolbar, but i reset the toolbar and then it just says the same thing again 'reset the toolbar'. Surely just saying what button i need would make things a lot easier.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trigga1uk View Post
    all sorted. It was simply that i needed to drag over and select the whole clip. It however didnt mention this rather simple resolution in the help (as always).
    What it does say in the manual is that if you have the "Render Loop Region Only" box checked, then it will render the loop region only. What you really needed to do was to uncheck "Render Loop Region Only"

I was under the impression that the trial version was the same as the full version just with a limited date on it.
    It is.

Another probelm now is trying to get it onto dvd. When i go through the tutourial it tells me that a button i need is not shown so i need to reset the toolbar, but i reset the toolbar and then it just says the same thing again 'reset the toolbar'. Surely just saying what button i need would make things a lot easier.
    What tutorial and what button?
    I've never seen a button in Vegas that creates a DVD?
    DVDs are created in DVD Architect?
    Are you using Vegas Pro 8 or Movie Studio? (Whichever version, you will need a version of DVD Architect)
    Tim

Blog Entries

editing a tedious family wedding video.
    And I did mean to ask is it the family that's tedious, the wedding that's tedious, the video that's tedious or the editing? <G>
    Tim

Default tutorials

This is the trial of vegas 8 pro - go to help - interactive tutorails - and then down to the 'how to make a dvd' option. From here it started saying stupid stuff about reseting the toolbar.

family , one of these things ive been putting off for ages. Bloody family weddings!

Sorry about the earlier post but it did make me Laugh, all that work and then only to find you cannot output the footage, i am please it will allow you to do it all.

There is no button on V8 pro to make a DVD, you have to go through the render process, make an MPEG2 from the time line, about 6Mb/s if it s about 90-110 minutes
    Then you need to import into DVD-A and then make the menu's in there, I would check the trial version of DVD-A I think it does everything but write a disk, but be you can do that in Nero or similar program

FIlming and diting family weddinsg is not as as ie seems and s quite tediou sas you say,mainly as it has to be all odne by hand.

keep at it I am sure you will make it.

Blog Entries

This is the trial of vegas 8 pro - go to help - interactive tutorails - and then down to the 'how to make a dvd' option.
    This is truly bizarre. Running Vegas Pro 8.0a here and there is no such "how to make a dvd' option! Loads of other options (under headings The Basics, Audio Tutorials, Video and Still Image Tutorials, Text and Backdrop Tutorials and Project Tutorials).

HOWEVER my Vegas Movie Studio 6 Platinum DOES have "How to Make A DVD" in its Interactive Tutorials (called "How Tos")

So my guess is that somehow the Movie Studio tutorials have got mixed up with the Pro trial. Not very helpful!

Pretty poor show if this is of Sony's making.
    Tim