Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JVC GR-D70U Firewire transfer to PC problems

Default JVC GR-D70U Firewire transfer to PC problems

Hello All. I'm new to all this, and I'd appreciate some help.
    I have a JVC GR-D70 and I'm trying to transfer video from the camera to my PC.
    Firewire from camera to PC is connected, power on, camera on play. PC does not detect camera at all with fire wire-does detect it with USB though.
    I've tried ulead studio 8, windows movie maker, etc-but the camera is never detected. I also installed the software from the FAQ section of this board, and that didn't work either.
    There are no hardware conflicts in the device manager (Windows XP Pro) and the IEEE 1384 driver seems to be installed and working properly.
    Contacted JVC and they say I need some software called Pinnacle studio 9 for the camera to transfer to the PC. Doesn't sound right to me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    TIA.
    FZ

Blog Entries

Sounds like they have a deal with Pinnacle there

To transfer the video, you do indeed need some form of capture software. However, windows should recognise your camera automatically on connection. Plug in cemera by firewire to your PC, switch the camera to play, and windows should recognise newly connected hardware.

I am having a similar problem, I dont have a firewire port on my pc and I only have the USB connection. I am using a JVC GR-DX25 its does capture with the software provided however I am wanting to use Premier which I bought specifically for this. Premier will not find the device what would be the best option?

I am not sure if I need a capture card or not? What would be the best next steps for me?

Cheers

Aaron

Blog Entries

Plain and simple: get a firewire card and use firewire transfer!

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    Plain and simple: get a firewire card and use firewire transfer!
    Cheers buddy thats what im doing, I had a read of a few more posts and found out what was needed.

Great forum btw think I will be a regular visitor :P

Default Same Problem + Tried Pinnacle

So i have the same problem as fvz, except i tried pinnacle 9 and nada (that didnt make since to me anyway.)

i had my jvc gr-d70u working with premiere on xp, but i re-installed xp and forgot how i got it to work in the first place.

all the drivers i have that came with the camera are telling me they wont install because im not using windows 98, so i guess i didnt use those when i got it to work the last time.

ive tried every configuration to trigger automatic detection, but obviously that didnt work either. my next option is calling a retailer and asking if they have heard of this. any more suggestions otherwise?

I am having the same issue with my parent's camera (JVC GR-D70U) and it not being recognized by Ulead, Microsoft Movie, etc. I called JVC and they said it is a software issue, I wanted to reach through the phone, because I told them that my camera (JVC-D270) works perfectly with Ulead. Also I am using Firewire/1394 cable, and there are no conflects with the card or any of the ports.

Anyone have any suggestions, besides getting a new camera for my parents.
    Last edited by bpittam; 12-29-2006 at 02:42 AM.

Just tried - Adobe Premier, Sony Vegas, as well as Microsoft Movie and none recognize the camera. I hook up my camera and voila detection on both the application as well as XP. Time to call JVC on behalf of my parents and then keep calling

Blog Entries

I know it sounds simple but: the vast majority of cameras transfer footage whilst in the playback mode. Is there something else you have to set on the camcorder - could be that it must be in record mode for example (v long shot).

Nope camera is set in play, and I have tried all modes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast