Thread: External Mic

Default External Mic

Hi,

I am looking to get this mic

RØDE Microphones > Products > Stereo_VideoMic

but my camcorder doesnt have a mic socket so what can I get that will record very good quality for around £120 that I can hear what I am recording by headphones and transfere to my PC

Thanks

Mini disc recorders are still popular and as suggested by another forum member elsewhere, a solid state recorder.

a solid state recorder is very expensive I only have a £120 to spend on the recorder. I was looking at an Iriver N10 256mb (Needed to hold 1 hour at the maxium full quality)

Looking at the N10 specs can you tell me if this is worth it to spend £80 on it, will I have very good quality the equivalent of pluging the mic into the camera if I had the socket, its just that a while ago I didnt look into this and I rushed out to by a recorder and it was a memo recorder and the quality is rubbish, so I need to make sure that the Iriver N10, will record very good with the Rode Stero Video Mic and I will be able to put headphones on the Iriver and hear what is going on then put on PC and I will get some kind of clear nice sond

Thanks

I haven't used or looked at the Iriver N10, so I don't know what it is like. What are the reviews saying about it? At £80, it could well do the job but then again maybe not. As far as audio recording is concerned, you have to pay for high quality.