Thread: Pinnacle Studio 7 scene delete leaves gap?

Default Pinnacle Studio 7 scene delete leaves gap?

After editing some scenes I am left with about a 2 minute gap in the time line which I cannot close up or delete. Of course this shows up as about 2 minutes of black in the video. :cry: Scene deleting was done using the Movie Window view and Delete Clip button. Even using the Pinnacle Studio Version 7 manual, I have been unable to close up this gap with either the Timeline method or using the Change Video Clip Properties Tool.
    Would appreciate any suggestions.
    Jack Geist

I've never used studio 7, so am not sure how you have got into this predicament. I have had it happen with studio 8, though not in 2 minute chunks, usually because the sound track is still there and the video one isn't. It extends itself sometimes when transitions are inserted.

Only suggestion I have, off the top of my head, is to make an avi file of what you've got, then open that in studio 7 and delete the blank bit there.

If it's too long to do that, make an avi file of an excerpt with a few minutes before and after your blank bit, and again delete the blank bit. Then resave the new bit as an avi file and introduce that into your video. You would probably need to save the rest of your film the same way, then join the clips up.

Gillian
    Win XP, Athlon 1.8, G force 3 T, 1 60gig drive + 1 250 gig, Pinnacle Studio 9 plus mostly, Premiere 6, and Vegas 5 sometimes, Soundforge, Cool Edit.