Thread: Combining audio and video files

Default Combining audio and video files

Hi,

I have a nice collection of old school music vidoes, however the audio on them is very poor. I was wondering how and what software I should use so i can combine my good quality Mp3 file with the video file (they are mostly WMV files) so that the video file will now have the good audio being played while the original audio has been erased. Of course I would prefer the software be free.

Thanks alot and any help would be greatly appreciated,

Shaunym

If you are only planning on playing the videos back on computer then Windows Movie Maker would do the job. But if you plan to make dvd's then you would need some other software, you can download 30 day trial versions of all the editing software used on this forum and hopefully that should be long enough to cover you.

I am fairly familiar with Windows Movie Maker but i didnt know it couldrecord my Mp3 over the audio in the video. Can you please explain how to do this?

Shaunym

It's been a while since I last used Windows Movie Maker, but as mp3 is a common audio file, WMM should allow you to import those files with no problems. Just check the HELP file to make sure, if it does, great - but if it doesn't you could download a trial version of one of the many other editors mentioned on this forum. As you say you have a collection of mp3 files, just import/capture your videos (what format are they? Are they still on VHS?) depending on what they are stored on at present and then import your mp3's. In the timeline, get rid of the audio track that comes with the video and replace it with your mp3's instead.