Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: event pan crop dialogue box won't open

Question event pan crop dialogue box won't open

Can anyone help? The event pan crop box won't open from the icon or the tool box where it's greyed out. The event FX box opens but not the pan crop box.
    Thanks.

See response above.

Hi Grazie,
    Thanks for responding. I can't do a screen grab because what happens happens so quickly. If I click on the event pan icon, a blue bar similar to the blue bar at the top of the FX dialogue box flashes and then disappears at an angle toward the lower right of my screen all in a matter of less than a second.
    If I right click and then click event pan, the same thing happens. The same thing when I go in through "tools"

Hi Grazie,
    Thanks for responding. I can't do a screen grab because what happens happens so quickly. If I click on the event pan icon, a blue bar similar to the blue bar at the top of the FX dialogue box flashes and then disappears at an angle toward the lower right of my screen all in a matter of less than a second.
    If I right click and then click event pan, the same thing happens. The same thing when I go in through "tools"

Quote Originally Posted by ktamthere View Post
    If I click on the event pan icon, a blue bar similar to the blue bar at the top of the FX dialogue box flashes and then disappears at an angle toward the lower right of my screen all in a matter of less than a second.
    Ah! I think I know what is happening. On a previous session you could have moved Pan/Crop OFF of screen or DOCKED it within a dock that you have not expanded. So, what happens in another session is that it KEEPS that last position or dock setup and you've got it again. If this IS the case Vegas is doing exactly what it should.

What do you mean? When you go through "Tools"? I don't have Pan/Crop on the Tools menu?

Perplexed?

Grazie

Question undo pan crop mistake

Hi Grazie,
    Can you tell me how to undo what I did to make pan crop disappear?
    Thanks.

Hmmm ..

Do a screen shot of ALL your Vegas Layout. Let's see that.

Grazie

Thanks so much for your help, Grazie. I ended up reinstalling Vegas. I started moving some things around on the home screen looking for it - never found it but in doing so, I really changed the home screen which I didn't want and couldn't find any way to get back to the default screen. I tried alt+D+0 which I saw on a training video but that didn't work so I just reinstalled Sony. The pan crop option is there.
    Thanks.

I ended up reinstalling Vegas.
    I feel this is a wee bit over-kill. We do have a simple, quick Factory Reset option: HOLD down Ctrl+Shift+fire-up Vegas. This will reset all settings. You will loose your local settings.

I tried alt+D+0 which I saw on a training video but that didn't work so I just reinstalled Sony. The pan crop option is there.
    Thanks.
    Well 2 things here - One is a question and the second is a reset suggestion:

1/- Alt+D+0 will automatically give you the default screen? I didn't know that. I thought "0" was just another User Layout option. So, and if I am not incorrect, NOT setting up Alt+D+0 AS the default, why how would I get it? Had you previously setup the Default Layout to "0"? Y/N?

2/- While I am not against reinstalling software in general, and here, Vegas in particular, why do it? If it ain't broke, don't fix it? If you HAD come back here with a screen shot and we still couldn't see what was up, I would have primarily suggested the Factory Reset. But a reinstall? OK . . .

Of course I am real pleased you have got P/C back - good! Though please take my well meant comments on board as an alternative solution to what may have been a lower level irritation than requiring a full reinstall - yeah?

Regards,

Grazie

Thanks - I looked all over for the factory reset but couldn't find it.
    In a training program I saw, they said alt D + 0 reverts it back to the factory windows layout - May have misinterpreted that. But in that training program which, was for Vegas 7, under views you could see all your layout options including the default layout but 8 doesn't have that option - do you know where that is because I looked all over help for a reset, factory default etc. and couldn't find it under Sony help glossary, etc.
    While I'm still glad I bought Vegas - I'm really frustrated with the support from Sony for newbies. There's a lot of assumptions made about the user's knowledge of terms, etc. with many technical terms not in the glossary or general help guides. I'm glad I found this site. All I want to do is make a pretty cool family DVD.
    Thanks for all your help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast