I've had Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum Version 6.0b for a while but not done a lot with it.
I've been asked to edit a wedding video for a friend and I was wondering if it's possible for me to do the following; it's a bit difficult to explain to stay with me!
At the start of the video I want to play music over the top of the video (which I can do!) but then also stop the video at various points and give a title to each person in the video (for example stop the picture on a shot of the groom and then give him a title) before moving on and stopping on say the bride.
If people understand what I mean and are able to help I would be very grateful.
I'm assuming you know how to add a title - if not post back - this answer concentrates on the "pausing" the video aspect of your question.
1. Place your clip on the timeline.
2. Place your cursor on the frame you wish to capture as a still.
3. Press "S" to split the clip at this point. Do NOT move the timeline cursor.
4. Look above the preview - you can see an icon which looks like a floppy disk. Click on this. This will create a jpg file - a still image - of the frame your timeline cursor is over. Give the file a name and click save.
5. Now drag the right hand clip to the right to make space for your still image.
6. Now drag the still image file you've just created into the gap (from Vegas explorer, Windows explorer or use any of the other methods for getting media into a Vegas project)
7. Butt that up against the first clip. Extend or shrink so it lasts for the correct time.
8. Butt the second clip up against that.
9. Add titles to suit in a higher video track.
Job done (and much more complex to explain than to do.)