Thread: Fuzzy Imported Clips...

Default Fuzzy Imported Clips...

Experts...

I am recording footage of my PC screen using Camtasia screen capture software. I am savings the output as an avi file which I am then importing to PPCS3.

All is well until I import in Premier CS3 - where the output becomes very 'fuzzy'.

This is what I have tried....

- checking that the quality of the display in PPCS3 is on highest
    - changing the % displayed size in PPCS3
    - recorded the footage using all sorts of different options in Camtasia
    - exporting from PPCS3 to an avi file - very 'fuzzy' looking outcome

Its interesting that the original footage displays pefectly well in a range of programs including Windows Media Player and Adobe Bridge!

It all seems to point to the fact that PPCS3 has some negative impact on the displayed quality of the avi file.

I have attached a small screen shot of the look of the clip in A - Adobe Bridge and B - Adobe PPCS3.

I really need to be able to do this and am almost thinking of giving up and recording the PC screen with my DV Camera pointing at it!
    Attached Images Attached Images

What size is the capture?

if the screen capture is 1024x768 then your premiere project needs to be the same. If you are trying to squeeze a large capture into DV size then it will look horrible.

If you need to reduce the size for the final video then do it when you export or consider using zooms in which case you need to set the project up at the finished size then move and resize the capture to fit the frame.

http://www.photo-edits.com/podcasts/lightroom_ipod.mp4 (right click save as)

This is 1 that was done in PPro and went from 1024x768 to 320x240 for a podcast so it was necessary to zoom it so it would fit on an ipod screen. Some like the zooms, some don't.

Another consideration is framerate, I capture at 15 fps and then edit in Ppro at 15 or 30fps depending on output, but if you are capturing at 5 fps and the Ppro project is 25 or 30 fps then the software has to make up a lot of frames and it can look horrid if there is any movement.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

thanks - after alot of experiementing with screen resoultion etc this all worked well.