Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Slowing down audio but not video.

  1. #1

    Default Slowing down audio but not video.

    Hey there. I was just wondering if there is any way to slow down the audio and keeping the video at a normal pace while the audio has slowed down. I am trying to make the video footage run at a normal pace, but having the voices in slow motion?

    Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time.

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TWIY View Post
    I was just wondering if there is any way to slow down the audio and keeping the video at a normal pace while the audio has slowed down. I am trying to make the video footage run at a normal pace, but having the voices in slow motion?
    - No! I can deepen/lower a voice. And I can even speed up AND keep the same "register" of a voice. But I sure can't do this without their lips moving in synch - outta synch? Not a problem, I can do this every minute of everyday. In synch??? Neeeahhhhh - No!

    OK, I'm surmising here that this is what you are after, that if a person IS speaking too fast and you wish keep in synch AND you wish to slow the speech down, then something - at least in this time/space-continuum - has to snap!! If you slow down their speech, say from 10 seconds to 15 seconds in length, then their "movements" would also need to slowdown accordingly, to keep in synch.

    Now my thoughts are that if you had thought this through, you would too come to the same conclusion. But as you ARE asking the question, then I can only think you have something else in mind, and I've interpreted your question incorrectly ?

    Now if it is that you wish to "mask" a voice with some SFx, then there is much MUCH that can be done: Deepen; echo; sharpen . .and also slice ion some reverse of the speech for that Devil sound! . .and so on. And this would keep the audio in-synch with the video movements.

    Puzzled . . and trying to understand ..

    Quote Originally Posted by TWIY View Post
    Thanks for your time.
    Important word "Time". Kinda fixes the goalposts.

    Grazie

  3. #3

    Default

    Thanks for the reply. Yeah I just want to deepen the voice. How do I do this?

  4. #4

    Default

    Aha!

    What software are you running? V8 . .V5? Soundforge . versions?

    In Vegas there is a SFx called Pitch Shift. Excellent module!

    There are several ways to get to the SFx. In the past I have use Right Click on audio event and "Apply Non Real Time Event Fx" - Woah! But now with the Mixing Console ( yes, all this was there before - but not so easy to use!) and aply the SFx there. Marvellous!

    OK, once you are AT the "Pitch Shift" you can adjust down or up by any amount. But make sure you DO have "Preseve Duration" engaged. PLUS use one of the "Mode" options. I've just used Mode: A09, Speech 3 (fast).

    Also try out the reversed option and mix them tracks up!!

    Very good indeed.

    Have fun,

    Grazie

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,848
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    something - at least in this time/space-continuum - has to snap!!
    Not necessarily so. As I understand it....

    Split the audio and video onto two instances of Vegas on separate computers.
    Put the audio element into a spaceship and send it into space and back again.
    When it returns it will be younger than the the video element as more time will have passed on Earth than on the spaceship.

    So, perform the exercise again but this time stretch the audio on the spaceship which will slow it down AND lengthen it, but, due to time dilation, will finish at the same time as the video on Earth.
    Tim

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    Aha!

    What software are you running? V8 . .V5? Soundforge . versions?

    In Vegas there is a SFx called Pitch Shift. Excellent module!

    There are several ways to get to the SFx. In the past I have use Right Click on audio event and "Apply Non Real Time Event Fx" - Woah! But now with the Mixing Console ( yes, all this was there before - but not so easy to use!) and aply the SFx there. Marvellous!

    OK, once you are AT the "Pitch Shift" you can adjust down or up by any amount. But make sure you DO have "Preseve Duration" engaged. PLUS use one of the "Mode" options. I've just used Mode: A09, Speech 3 (fast).

    Also try out the reversed option and mix them tracks up!!

    Very good indeed.

    Have fun,

    Grazie



    Thank you.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bristol uk
    Posts
    8,938
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Not necessarily so. As I understand it....

    Split the audio and video onto two instances of Vegas on separate computers.
    Put the audio element into a spaceship and send it into space and back again.
    When it returns it will be younger than the the video element as more time will have passed on Earth than on the spaceship.

    So, perform the exercise again but this time stretch the audio on the spaceship which will slow it down AND lengthen it, but, due to time dilation, will finish at the same time as the video on Earth.
    LOL - Tim's got you there Grazie, I think....

  8. #8

    Default

    ( sound of screeeech of brakes ). .. Phew! . . . Just got back from Betelgeuse - man can they mix an enormous gargle-blaster ! ! !

    G

Similar Threads

  1. Speeding and slowing audio
    By TWIY in forum Sony Vegas video editing apps
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-07-2007, 10:23 PM
  2. Help Slowing down audio!
    By nicodemayo in forum Sony Vegas video editing apps
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-02-2006, 08:28 PM
  3. Slowing video down with Vegas?
    By spphotos in forum Sony Vegas video editing apps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-03-2006, 07:15 AM
  4. Slowing Audio Down
    By coreycatastrophe in forum Sony Vegas video editing apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-17-2006, 12:37 AM
  5. Slowing down the video to a good point.
    By --jINKS-- in forum Sony Vegas video editing apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-27-2006, 04:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •