Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Please Help

  1. #1

    Question Please Help

    Can anyone advise PLEASE.

    My PC (Packard bell i start 2380) doesn't have a FIREWIRE (IEEE 1394) i.Link card / port. It does have several USB 2.0 ports.

    Can I download miniDV footage from a Sony HDR HC5 camcorder onto my PC using USB or do I need to get a Firewire card installed into the PC?

    I simply want to edit the footage on the miniDV tapes.

    Many thanks,


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Western Europe


    Don't use USB, find out if you have a spare internal PCI slot inside your computer, if you do, then purchase a PCI Firewire card and install that inside the computer. You will also need to purchase a Firewire cable to connect the camcorder to the computer.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts