Thread: Titles over image

Default Titles over image

Mates, I was wondering how to get the titles to zoom out from the centre of the video, instead of being on a seperate clip where it's just on the black background :

If I understand what you want this is easy enough.

Make sure your titles are on a transparent background, overlay them on your video of choice. Resize the title layer to be small and then zoom it. Really easy in Premiere Pro.

OK, I have Premiere 6.5. I also can't find any options in the titler to make the background transparent, and how do I make the title zoom?

I haven;t played with teh titler all that much to be honest and I use Premiere Pro sothings may not be the same.

In the titler, tick the checkbox that allows you to see the video, designed so you can position your title over the video playign inthe background.

Certainyl with the ticked (my usual setting) the titles generated will have transparent backgrounds.

As to zooming the title. Dunno in 6.5. RTFM to find out how to resize the video and keyframe it in 6.5.

Default Titles over image

Make your title as you usually would in the Premiere titler. Save the title file. It will automatically show up in your active project bin.

On the Video 1 track, place the background footage that you want the title to display over. Drag the new title file to the Video 2 track, and adjust it's length as desired.

Right click on the title file in the timeline and select "Video Options." Click "Transparency," and select "Alpha Channel" from the drop down box. Click "OK."

Right click on the title clip again. Select "Video Options" again, and this time select "Motion." Hold down the Control Key and click "Center" to stop the annoying default left-to-right motion.

Click on the very beginning of the "Time" line graphic. (The extreme left of the line.) Set the Zoom control to 0%. Click the extreme right side of the "Time" line graphic. Set the zoom control to 100%. Click "OK" and Alt scrub the timeline. You should have zooming titles with a transparent background, showing the underlying video on track 1.

Play with various placements of an additional 100% value in the middle of the "Time" line in the motion filter. The titles will zoom from 0% to the 100% middle setting, then stay at 100% until the end of the time line (where you have previously set the end value to 100%.) The title will stay static past the middle setting so people will have a chance to read it. (No more zooming occurs from the 100% setting in the middle to the 100% setting at the end)

Hope this helps. Good luck,
    Chris