Thread: Pinnacle 9.4.3 audio fade

Default Pinnacle 9.4.3 audio fade

I cannot get through to tech support and i have what i am sure is a SIMPLE question. WIsh i could just call.
    I have a problem understanding the instructions. I am making a slideshow movie and the music background is too long. so i want to clip it short and fade it out into the next song. i got it clipped but i can't get it to fade. can you please (in lamens terms ) explain where i go specifically, and exactly what i do. I'm so frustrated...
    I have pinnacle 9.4.3

I have made plenty of movies using this program sucessfully it's just that i never have to cut off a song.

I have Pinnacle 11, but I believe the way to do this is the same on all verisons.

1. Go into Edit, and timeline mode.

2. It's usually a good idea to lock the video or titles track first, leaving only the sound. This shouldn't make a difference here, but Pinnacle has a tendancy to move things around when you want to do something picky to the sound.

3. Make a 'dot' in the sound bar. When you change the volume of the sound, or music, you click on the thin line running across the sound bar. If a dot does not appear, drag it slightly left or right to activate it:

4. Now make another, and drag it to the end of the track. Right to the end.

5. Now drag this dot down to the bottom. The line represents the volume. So by dragging it down, you can see the volume slowly fades down to nothing. This should now play as a fade out.