Thread: Pixelation problem

Default Pixelation problem

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum... So first of all - hi!

I'm currently editing my TV showreel and a couple of clips I've taken from DVD's seem to be in a lower resoultion and end up pixelating a little when I do the final rendering process. I'm not too sure where I'm going wrong, as the rest of the clips all seem to be in fine quality?

Should I render those clips seperately BEFORE I render them in the final edit?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

You have answered you own question, "Lower resolution" there lies the problem, once quality is lost its very hard if impossible to get back.
    CAn you nt make them smaller in the screnn thus appering to improve the quality or degrade the rest to look the same.

Sorry, I need to re-word that then... The clips are DVD-quality when being ripped in, yet when it's rendered in the final edit, those clips become pixelated?

Would it be something to do with framerates or anything?

I am afraid that still does not help as you need to define what DVD Quality is?

You can get an hour or 4 hours (or more) of DVD quality on a DVD disk, both can make claim to DVD quality but the 1 hour is going to be much better then the 4 hour as there is only 4.7Gb on a disk and so you will have to throw a lot away to get 4 hours on a disk.

If they have used a very low bit rate then you will be out of luck, if they have used the 1 hour setting about 8M per sec then the image should be very good assuming the encoder is good.

Oh, ok, really appreciate your help Z Cheema. I've decided to make the clip smaller by putting 2 of the same shot on one screen. Thanks though