Thread: Hosting

Default Hosting

Desperatley in need of some decent quality video hosting.
    Heres an example of the type of thing i require...

http://www.derienzo-videoproductions...hegoodlife.wmv

Fast streaming and decent quality. Anyone have an idea of how this is achieved?

Thanks

Smile

Hi enc.

When you say hosting, are you talking about the provider to which one uploads the clip to, or how to achieve this quality.

I use a standard provider for my webspace and domain name to which I upload all my videos with an FTP client. Its that simple. I add a link and anyone who types this link can view my content.

If you are talking about compression etc etc, then I use the basice premiere pro2 codec...mainstream to compress the footage for the web.

I think I p.med you the settings!!!!

Cheers.
    John De Rienzo
    De Rienzo Video Productions

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by GDR View Post
    Hi enc.

When you say hosting, are you talking about the provider to which one uploads the clip to, or how to achieve this quality.

I use a standard provider for my webspace and domain name to which I upload all my videos with an FTP client. Its that simple. I add a link and anyone who types this link can view my content.

Hi John

Got ya PM and understand about acheiving the quality

its the actual hosting and up loading to the host i dont understand. Is there a "video hosting for idiots" guide anywhere ?

I have tried youtube and putfile but obviously uploads are heavly compressed.

Having said that, i have witnessed OK'sh stuff on youtube.

at time of posting this 26 people have read this post and only 1 reply
    Last edited by enc; 10-28-2007 at 12:39 PM.

I have a similar problem. I have an FTP hosting service to upload to, but it will only hold 100MB at max. For video, that's nothing. I can see where you're coming from, enc. I would love to have links that go fullscreen, and show the film at a decent quality. I've used youtube for a few years now, and that's done me quite well.

I think it's mostly a matter of how much you're willing to pay for hosting space on the internet (type ftp hosting into google), and how compressed you're willing to make your video. That's why I've gone with youtube. Space isn't much of an issue.

The video you mention above is only 20.5MB. So it's really down to how compressed you can get your file to go without loosing too much quality.