Thread: Please help! Adding a moving mark on a video

Default Please help! Adding a moving mark on a video

Please, someone help me!

At work, the asked me to do some hard video editing: my expertise is limited to using VirtualDub, TmpgEnc to cut and resize videos, and the task is hard.

I have to add a mark on a video, which moves: let's say there is a face and I want to add a red clown nose on it, while it talks. They say that it's possible with Adobe Premier, but it would take me hours to individually change each frame.

Oh. My. God. Please, someone help!

Hey. If you can download the adobe after effects trial then do that and use the track motion tool ( tutorials avalible on the net)

Thanks, I was able to make it with After Effects by moving the picture every time the person moved, but I was wondering if there was a way (either with this software or others) to have the nose automatically tracked all the time (aka the facial feature I *always* need to cover with the red clown nose image, being recognized and tracked). Like this, since the person moves so much, I would be able to edit 1 minute in 1 hours: with an automatica system, it would take less time.

For something like this, I've always used a keyframe system. So you allocate a few positions that the red nose needs to be on the frame, at different times in the video, and the computer will make it move between each keyframe, making it move smoothely, without need for editing each frame individually.

Yes, yes, I understand that... I was thinking that maybe it could follow the nose indipendetly thereafter? But I fear it would need some sensor like motion capture for that.

Definately. The computer can't tell what is your nose from given video. Unless you find a powerful program (which is probably out there, on the net) that can track a given similar looking object. If you can't, then yup, you will probably need motion capture.

Thanks! I guess I'll have to make it with the tools I have already.