Thread: Please Videoforums.co.uk... PIMP my video!

Default Please Videoforums.co.uk... PIMP my video!

Hey everyone, this is my first post on these forums so please take it easy. Sorry if I missed the sub-forum or w/e. Thing is, I've put together a few clips but one thing I dislike about the video is its quality. Is there any way I can improve it? I believe it's probably because the resolution is too low but there must be some way to improve it, no? I'm a complete noob at Sony Vegas, however I have it. Please help me.

We need some kind of info, you posted nothing. Can we see part of the video? What format did you render to? What bitrate did you use? What was the source footage, mpeg, avi? What do you intend to do, dvd, web? Help us, so we can help you!
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Quote Originally Posted by Chapman Photography View Post
    We need some kind of info, you posted nothing. Can we see part of the video? What format did you render to? What bitrate did you use? What was the source footage, mpeg, avi? What do you intend to do, dvd, web? Help us, so we can help you!

It's AVI, how can I see the bitrate? And I intend to burn it onto a DVD or CD and show it to friends.

What make of camcoder do you shoot it on? When I see .avi I assume it was using a Mini DV but I'll wait until you post again. Did you use Firewire to capture the video from the camcorder to the computer? I always ask this question from newbies, what spec is your computer?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony View Post
    What make of camcoder do you shoot it on? When I see .avi I assume it was using a Mini DV but I'll wait until you post again. Did you use Firewire to capture the video from the camcorder to the computer? I always ask this question from newbies, what spec is your computer?

I actually "stole" a few clips from youtube and just threw it all together into one video using windows movie maker. Now the problem is, videos from youtube have a very bad quality and I was hoping I could improve it.

Unfortunatly there's no way to really increase the quality of an already (highly in his case) compressed clip.

If you start with low quality you'll finish with low(er) quality.

Also, plagiarism is not your friend! Use clips with permission!

Quote Originally Posted by MOSH View Post
    Unfortunatly there's no way to really increase the quality of an already (highly in his case) compressed clip.

If you start with low quality you'll finish with low(er) quality.

Also, plagiarism is not your friend! Use clips with permission!

Too bad :(