Thread: Vegas and ProDad effects?

Default Vegas and ProDad effects?

I'm making the switch to Vegas after a brief stint with Pinnacle Studio 11. I only have the Vegas 8 demo. Before I buy this, I want to know if ProDad's plug ins (Vitascene and Heroglyph) work well with Vegas. Does anybody have experience with this? If it works, please let me know. I don't wanna spend more money only to find out that it doesn't work. I've already done that with Pinnacle Studio 11.

Also, are there other effects packages to look at? I've googled Video Effects and have found only one other, but it doesn't do effects I think I'll need. If you have a specific product name to look up, I'd appreciate that. Please advise.

Thanks.

2. Default

i cannot answer your question unless i know what type of effects you are looking for... If you are looking for lasers and lightsaber effects then you might want to try FXhome

Quote Originally Posted by Lengo View Post
    I'm making the switch to Vegas after a brief stint with Pinnacle Studio 11. I only have the Vegas 8 demo. Before I buy this, I want to know if ProDad's plug ins (Vitascene and Heroglyph) work well with Vegas. Does anybody have experience with this? If it works, please let me know. I don't wanna spend more money only to find out that it doesn't work. I've already done that with Pinnacle Studio 11.

Also, are there other effects packages to look at? I've googled Video Effects and have found only one other, but it doesn't do effects I think I'll need. If you have a specific product name to look up, I'd appreciate that. Please advise.

Thanks.

I would go to the Vitascene and Heroglyph website it should say if they support it, keep in mind Vegas has plenty of effects by itself as well.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Quote Originally Posted by Chapman Photography View Post
    I would go to the Vitascene and Heroglyph website it should say if they support it, keep in mind Vegas has plenty of effects by itself as well.
    Yeah, they say they support it. I wanna know how well. They don't tell me that!

Ask them by e-mail

see here for more sites Welcome to the Sony Vegas Portal

Blog Entries

I don't really think ProDad are going to bend over backwards to tell Lengo their products' shortcomings
    I think you're doing the right thing, Lengo, asking for the opinions of people who've actually used that combo. As you've had no responses here as yet, I suggest you pop over to other forums mentioned on Cheema's portal and post the same question there. Surely someone must be using them?

Irrespective of that, like many. many others I made the transition from Pinnacle Studio (v9.4.3 the last "stable" version) to Vegas and have never looked back. Make the change anyway. If you loose your investment in effects, well, so be it. You'll make up for it in time saved by not having to reboot & redo your last edits.
    Last edited by TimStannard; 11-01-2007 at 02:14 PM.
    Tim