Thread: Cheema at IoV - WOW!!

Default Cheema at IoV - WOW!!

For those that don't know, didn't come, were sleeping or just got in from Mars, Cheema did a stonking demo at the Institute of Videography yearly Convention and Trade show at the Royal Agri Show Grounds at Stoneleigh.

CHEEMA WAS AWESOME!

As to demonstrate some of the value of Vegas he had one of his marriage videos working - all edited using Vegas. You would loved to have seen the various "mental-jaws-drop" - totally stunning demo. PLUS his careful and considered demonstration of VegasPro8 had the audience both clapping and clamouring for demo discs.

Well done Cheemie! You were spectacular - yes, you were!

My very best congratulations,

Grazie

.. .

Cheema who?
    The guy who does wedding vids?
    I thought vegas was capable of sooooooo much more.

Quote Originally Posted by yooser View Post
    The guy who does wedding vids?
    Yes, the very same award winning Member of the Institute of Videography - yes him.

Quote Originally Posted by yooser View Post
    I thought vegas was capable of sooooooo much more.
    I don't understand your comment? Could you please explain further?

Have you actually seen one of Cheema's videos?

Oh, and here are a few "others" doing what they do. Y'know, I think there is a Grammy award winner amongst this list too.

James Gelet - : "Documentary Pays Homage to the Timeless Appeal of Jaws"
    Sony Creative Software - Showcase - James Gelet

Matt Harding: "Dancing Matt" finds fame with help from Vegas software
    Sony Creative Software - Showcase - Matt Harding

Gray Television: Vegas on Duty for Assignment Iraq
    Sony Creative Software - Showcase - Gray Television

Charles Dennis One of the founders of P.S. 122, " . . the legendary New York performance space, Charles Dennis has already made a lasting mark on dance and culture in America. Since 1979"
    Sony Creative Software - Showcase - Charles Dennis

For a much wider, fuller list of Sony Creative Software product USERS - that would be people who use it for a living and by making "impactful" creative work - and in my opinion, these are hard-ball users . . . here is that link .. . you might want to view that for a few seconds: Sony Creative Software - Showcase - Home

And lending your own phrase "sooooooo much more . . . " was this the "more" you were thinking of? Or were you just making a far "simpler" observation?

I really do hope I was able to answer your question. Heaven forbid, I would not like to think that you were left in any doubt of the potential, scope and creative value of these remarkable products. I would not like to think you only had "one view" on Vegas and the whole family of valuable tools out there.

Please do NOT hesitate to ask further. And if you haven't see one of Cheema's works, I am almost certain that he would oblige in rectifying that too?

Best regards

Grazie

Blog Entries

And a slightly different angle....

The most expensive video a person is likely to commission and pay for out of their own pocket is likely to be a wedding video. Much of which there's no rehearsal for and no chance of a second take.

Yes, it may be routine, but never forget that for at least two people present it's likely to be the most important day of their lives.
    Tim

I never associated Sony with creativity before...

You live and learn I suppose.

Sony don't even have the creativity to supply a box to their customers who upgrade MOSH. Only YEN YEN YEN.
    I want Vegas to be accepted in the Pro world so much Grazie but I'm sorry...
    Vegas 8 Pro and posts like "WOW! "at a "videographers" demo.... doesn't cut it for me. (Please excuse pun)
    Who are Videographers?
    Where did this terminology come from?
    What happened to DOP's and Cameramen?
    Vegas 8 Pro... I wish.., Oh! how I wish!...but first Sony must find a box.
    Last edited by yooser; 10-22-2007 at 08:50 PM.