Thread: Samsung SCD-23 Will not Play or Record

Default Samsung SCD-23 Will not Play or Record

I have a Samsung SCD-23 that will not play a tape or record at all. Tapes go in fine and the camera sounds like it's trying to work but I get an error mesage that has the eject icon folowed by a few dashes then either a letter R or letter C. looks something like this {eject icon here}----R
    Any ideas or suggestions? I just got married and wanna watch the wedding tape...this is really making me mad thanks for the help

Unfortunately I do not have a Samsung camera to check the error codes. Typical reasons for this type of error is either Camera Condensation or dirty video heads.

In the case of the latter simply use a 'Head Cleaner' to clean the video heads. In the case of the former follow the manufacturer's instructions to remove the condensation.

In any event you should in the first instance check your user manual to establish the cause of the specific error code.
    COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
    Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
    Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11

Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.

If it was a typical problem there would have been no need to post a question. I can guarantee there is no condensation in the camera and I can't clean the heads because like I had said, it will not play a tape, and to use a head cleaner it had to play for a few seconds. I am still at a loss....thanks for the suggestions though.

In which case I would suggest that you take the issue up with your retailer, or with Samsung support at http://www.samsung.co.uk/cgi-bin/ecu...e%2fContact+Us
    COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
    Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
    Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11

Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.