Thread: reusing intro

Default reusing intro

Hi everyone
    Hey I want to do a series of short videos which will have the same intro and ending. Will I have to make the intro render save then import as media for each time I use it in my videos, will this have an effect on the image quality.
    What I lack in intelligence I make up for in persistance.
    http://www.ronsseacorner.co.nz/videos.htm
    SV 6, winXP SP2

Just how many "generations" of rendering are you considering?

In any event, if you ARE worried, why not just top and tail with the unchanged media? I would and do. Now if you are considering re-rendering MPG or something other than uncompressed DV values, then you will introduce a VISIBLE reduction in quality. But you knew that?

Or are you doing this for some "other" reason you have not as yet told us?

So, stop worrying and just bring in your stock top-N-tail footage each time, and be happy.

Grazie

Just Slap me if I'm saying something stupid but I am a nubie. This summer (In New Zealand) I want to make about six short videos about spearfishing. Each video will go into depth about a particular species. These short videos will be posted on You Tube. As they will be seperate videos I want an intro which shows credits in an underwater scene which will be a shot where the camera is facing out through the wide ocean with the sun rays shinning through the water. Plus some kinda music. This will be the same in each video. at the end of the season I hope to have enough footage to make a dvd. For the end of season dvd there will only be one intro.
    Are you suggesting: after I have made my first video I save and when I make the second video I just cut out the main content leaving just the top and tail?

Sorry if it sounds like im asking for instructions on how to use a spade.
    What I lack in intelligence I make up for in persistance.
    http://www.ronsseacorner.co.nz/videos.htm
    SV 6, winXP SP2

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Bakker View Post
    Just Slap me if I'm saying something stupid but I am a nubie.
    Non-violence here! And no. No questions are stupid - only the answers - yeah?

These short videos will be posted on You Tube. As they will be seperate videos I want an intro which shows credits in an underwater scene which will be a shot where the camera is facing out through the wide ocean with the sun rays shinning through the water. Plus some kinda music.
    Yep. Understood. The over lap from intro to NEW footage you will need to take in hand.

. . at the end of the season I hope to have enough footage to make a dvd. For the end of season dvd there will only be one intro.
    Sure.

Are you suggesting: after I have made my first video I save and when I make the second video I just cut out the main content leaving just the top and tail?

Yes, exactly so. However, you will have to watch out for cutting OUT the underlying music bed or audio that you may want to run through the rest of the video. But you can do this with a VEG project that has the "L" cut ready to receive the rest of the NEW movie. It isn't an issue. Just needs for you to be cleared headed about what you are doing and WHY!

Sorry if it sounds like im asking for instructions on how to use a spade.
    No, not at all. Ask away! I'm asking ever, everyday!

Grazie