Thread: stabilizing in Mocha to AE

Default stabilizing in Mocha to AE

I have some extremely shaky footage of a woodpecker on a tree that I want to try to stabilize. I tracked it in mocha with a perfect track, You can stabilize in mocha, but you can't export the stabilization data.

I brought the tracking data into after effects to a null and I want to know how to, using expressions or something, stabilize that null object. I really want to avoid the AE tracker.
    -Ethan

Wow, about a minute after a posted that I figured out how to do it. Just parent the position of the null to the anchor point of the footage.
    -Ethan

Yep thats it, use the pick whip. Why don't you like the AE track motion??
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Quote Originally Posted by Chapman Photography View Post
    I just can never get it right. I don't know. It just never works for me. And mocha never doesn't work for me. Its great!

Also, I was just wondering if it is possible to get rotation data from corner pin data, which mocha can output to.
    -Ethan

Quote Originally Posted by Chapman Photography View Post
    Wil, I can answer this one. The tracker in AE is a pont tracker. Great for when the point(s) you wish to track are in view all the time but if you are tracking, say, the side of a bus to replace the poster on the side and someone walks in front of it obscuring any of the track points then you are complete scupperd using standard AE features. It just will not cut it. Also, wiht the bus example, the bus is typically goiong to start opffscreen and finish offscreen ( the other side) and this makes the AE tracker less than useful in a bundle of cases. You can try to interpolate by hand of course and may be able to get good enough results.

or you can buy Mocha (which costs alot more) and performs tracking using a competely different philosophy. It's def in the big leagues and not ususually affordable to likes of most poeple posting here, licences start at about 1500 UKP. Looks a great too if you can justify the price though. Check it out at Imagineer Systems

Hmm, stop the press. Just popped over to get that link and notice they have a new app called MochaAE. An AE compatible version. Lookm slike a cut down version so will be interested to see what the pricing will be.

Quote Originally Posted by etharooni View Post
    Also, I was just wondering if it is possible to get rotation data from corner pin data, which mocha can output to.
    Can ya? Anybody?
    -Ethan

Can ya? Anybody?
    As i indicated before, the likes of Mocha are generally a little high-end for thelikes of the (by the most part) amatuer hobbyists that frequent this forum. At 1500, mocha is beyond most of us. I respectfully suggest that instead of getting irritated at the lack of 'usable' replies here you ask your question somewhere where actual usersof that s/w frequent. There is a forum for Imagineer Systems s/w over at the forums that say 'Moooo'.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills View Post
    As i indicated before, the likes of Mocha are generally a little high-end for thelikes of the (by the most part) amatuer hobbyists that frequent this forum. At 1500, mocha is beyond most of us. I respectfully suggest that instead of getting irritated at the lack of 'usable' replies here you ask your question somewhere where actual usersof that s/w frequent. There is a forum for Imagineer Systems s/w over at the forums that say 'Moooo'.
    The question I just (if you can get rotation data from the corner pin effect) is not a question about mocha. Corner pin is an after effects effect. I know you can get position, obviously, by just parenting position of the null to one of the pins. It If your track doesn't deform, thats great.

The free version of mocha does pretty much everything the expensive one does. and I don't know much about it myself. I only know what this tutorial:
    CreativeCOW presents Perspective Corner Pin Effect--Video Training by Aharon Rabinowitz
    taught me. And frankly, I don't want to join another forum, this one is a great one. And second, I couldn't even find it on their website.
    -Ethan

The question I just (if you can get rotation data from the corner pin effect) is not a question about mocha. Corner pin is an after effects effect. I know you can get position, obviously, by just parenting position of the null to one of the pins. It If your track doesn't deform, thats great.

The free version of mocha does pretty much everything the expensive one does. and I don't know much about it myself. I only know what this tutorial:
    CreativeCOW presents Perspective Corner Pin Effect--Video Training by Aharon Rabinowitz
    taught me. And frankly, I don't want to join another forum, this one is a great one. And second, I couldn't even find it on their website.
    There's a FREE version available???? Link please.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills View Post
    There's a FREE version available???? Link please.
    http://www.imagineersystems.com/files/
    EDIT: When I tried it with my cookies turned off, I learned that you need to enter an email address.
    -Ethan