Thread: Bad quality on vegas 8

Default Bad quality on vegas 8

Just started using the vegas 8 trial version where i capture from dv. however the quality is really bad and i have tried changing all the settings i can think of. I am using a usb to capture from my dv camera but the help talks about an ieee-1394 and how i have to install the drivers - im lost, anyone help?

Usb is not the best choice, Dose your camara and pc have firewire (1394) ?
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Quote Originally Posted by trigga1uk View Post
    Just started using the vegas 8 trial version where i capture from dv. however the quality is really bad and i have tried changing all the settings i can think of. I am using a usb to capture from my dv camera but the help talks about an ieee-1394 and how i have to install the drivers - im lost, anyone help?
    What camera allows you to capture via USB? And via V8. Please tell me?

As per the help file, I only know of capturing into Vegas using the ieee-1394 . This is "firewire". If you do not have a firewire port then you would need to install one. The actual firewire socket is either 4-pin or 6-pin. Look carefully on your PC or laptop.

I started out dorectl;y connecting my Canon XM2 from its 4-pin firewire socket using a firewire cable to my laptop. It is very stable and provides streams of DV that are easily captured to the hard drive.

Going back to your USB connection, I'm really interested in your method. If this IS happening, how are you achieving this via Vegas?

Keep us posted,

Grazie

I just figured he was using WMM.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Just started using the vegas 8 trial version where i capture from dv.
    Nothing like disassembling that which is in front of us, Wil? And yes, you could very VERY well be correct. Though, I/we need to hear this firstly from our new friend here. Look, saying that it was a dv > V8 > quality issue isn't something I take lightly - yeah?

We all understand that this IS an open board and many "others" will be reading this thread - yeah?

Grazie

Default ill try firewire

i think the firewire connection might be the issue, sorry but technically im a nightmare. As for how im making the usb work - i just connect it from camera to laptop and go into the capture mode on vegas - it works but with slightly crappy quality -especially when full screen.

Do i have to install drivers for the firewire? There is a 1394 port on my computer but i have yet to purchase a cable.

Blog Entries

Assuming you haven't trashed & reloaded the laptop, it should have the relevant Windows driver installed. Note this is a 1394 port driver and hence specific to your laptop - whatever software or camera you use makes no differenc. So, driver should already be installed and you can forget about it
    Tim

ill give it a try, you'll be hearing a lot more from me on this forums as technically im a bit of a spastic. thanks

ill give it a try, you'll be hearing a lot more from me on this forums as technically im a bit of a spastic. thanks
    Are you a cerebral palsy suffer?

Regards

Grazie