Thread: Noob - Audio Sync probs......

Default Noob - Audio Sync probs......

Hi as you can see from the title of this thread I am a newbie when it comes to video editing,
    I have A Major Problem with an xvid video with AC3 audio - the audio is completely out of sync with the video - audio is about a second ahead of the video.

My operating system is Vista Build 6001 (SP1 beta)

I've tried using virtualdub 1.7.5 and solveig avi trimmer and neither of them will do what I want them to - which is either delay the soundtrack for a second, or cut the first second of video from the avi.

Also virtualdub doesnt support AC3 :(

All I want is a video editing program that WORKS on VISTA, and because I'm a noob I think its understandable that all i am after is a piece of software which has a slider bar at the bottom for both the video and the audio tracks, and where i can just simply select the first second of the video track and then hit cut

Dont get me wrong, I know how to use virtualdub, but every single time I select audio and interleaving, and tell it to delay the audio by a second in the skew correction box - said option just resets itself to how it was before so it doesnt do what I asked it to!!!

someone help me pls!! Im not after a miracle, I only want to do a simple task

Western Europe

Have you tried Windows Movie Maker or Adobe Premiere Elements 3? WMM is basic, but it can do a lot more than Virtual Dub and APE3 is moving into more advanced editing without the steep learning curve. WMM will be on your computer and you can download a 30 day trial of APE3, it will allow more advanced editing of both video and audio separately.