Thread: Computer dont detect camcorder

Default Computer dont detect camcorder

I just bought a JVC GR-D770u mini dv camcorder and I cant get my pc to detect the thing thru firewire or usb iI built the pc it's about a yr old running xp pro sp 2 Please help pulling my hair out

Is the camcorder set to DV Out in the menu settings? Does the computer have a 1394 IEEE Bus Host Controller? When you connect the camcorder to the computer does it let a sound out of it and tell you that it has found new hardware? In My Computer does the camcorder appear as an icon below where the hard disc and DVD drives are?

Thanks for answering. Yeah pc's got a 1394 IEEE Bus Host Controller and a firewire card, no it does noting when I hook the firewire or usb cable, and it dont show up in My Computer or device manager. I just don't understand.

You've posted this question elsewhere and as far as I'm aware you are only allowed to post a thread once on the forum. Did you get any driver software with the camcorder, if you did you may need to install that before you connect up. Also, see my other reply to your question in the camcorder section.

I'm sorry I didnt know that. No i didnt get any driver software with the cam it says that windows will find it in the manuel. I do have a all in one scanner and printer installed thru usb port I dont have any other firewire devices. The camcorder is a a JVC model GR-D770 if you would like to see the specs on JVC's site
    Last edited by The Rebel; 10-15-2007 at 01:22 AM.