Thread: matrix style effects

Default matrix style effects

hey everyone. im looking to be pointed in the right direction to make the affect that was created in the movie "matrix" where the agents dodged the bullets and they bend side to side and such. I have a picture shown below to help show what im actually talking about. my source video is a 3d animation which ive rendered to video. Im thinging about rerendering it with a green screeen for extraction but im still not sure about the effect.

Note: im really new to video editing so if you know please use lame/noob term.

******** i know that this is really beyond my knowledge. Im first and formost a music producer so i know when noobs ask questions that are out of there understanding, pros eigther disreguard or respond negatively. However, If i have to spend 10, 15, 30 hours to get this effect, then thats what im going to do. I really need the help. Thanks *************
    Attached Images Attached Images

They used some high end software and camara set ups to do that effect. The effect your talking about is called bullet time ( Bullet time - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) Heres a tutorial for 3dsmax, its spendy ( Bullet Time Matrix Effect Tutorial For 3D Studio Max - Find the best 3D Studio Max tutorials on 3D m ) Also adobe Premiere ( Vidéo-Blog de kruty / Chatelet Bullet Time Making Of / After Effects animation ) Just do a search for bullet time you'll come up with a lot of results. Post what you end up with we would like to see it.
    Last edited by Chapman Photography; 10-12-2007 at 06:13 PM.

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

thanks alot. looks like i have some learning to do. ill be sure to post it.
    Last edited by diverz3d; 10-12-2007 at 06:22 PM. Reason: :)

Yeh, its not the easiest effect to pull off for a beginer, you might want to start small until you pick up the basics.

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

that would be a really sweet effect

Bracknell, Berkshire, UK

I reckon you could pull this off quite easily inthe new version of After Effects CS3. they have introduced what they call the 'puppet tool' which will allow you to 'bend' you footage and get that type of movement. Combine multiple layers and some time remapping and I think you could get close.