copyright free music

Thread: Professional network for film

Thanks

Default Professional network for film

Be gentle--I'm new here.

I wanted to spread the word about Nextcat.com, an independent professional networking site dedicated to the global arts & entertainment industry.

Full disclosure: I am the editorial director at Nextcat (AKA "Copy Cat"), but also am a film critic, A&E reporter, and screenwriter/playwright/director.

That said, I couldn't pimp Nextcat if I didn't believe in it passionately. And apparently I'm not alone: so far, we have thousands of members in over 78 countries worldwide, including both A-list and aspiring talent & service people, making it easy to connect online with other filmmakers, directors, actors, photographers, editors, production, crew, models, writers, artists--you name it. Post or look for a job anywhere in the world (or just in the UK), connect with collaborators, start a blog, upload and pimp your newest project, list your upcoming events, post in Nexcat forums, and so much more.

Please check it out, sign up for a free profile today, and let us know what you think! If you like what you see, invite your fellow directors and arts & entertainment industry contacts to join you on Nextcat so we can keep this party going.

Cheers,
    M&M
    Last edited by Nextcat CopyCat; 10-11-2007 at 10:22 PM.

Thanks

So whats the benifit over myspace or facebook?
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Thanks

Hi Wil,

Thanks for signing up!

What makes Nextcat different than MySpace or Facebook is its exclusive professional focus. I'm not sure if you're familiar with Linked In or Mediabistro, but the features we've built (and are continuing to build) for Nextcat allow members such as yourself to showcase your work (photos, videos, documents, and other content) while connecting and gaining exposure to peers and colleagues across genre/discipline within arts & entertainment in a worldwide forum and creative atmosphere.

MySpace and Facebook are really recreational vehicles or means by which to gather fans, friends, or family in a central location online, whereas Nextcat is a way to meet and collaborate with other arts & entertainment industry professionals around the world, as well as gain exposure to industry insiders, plus find gigs, clients, and jobs.

Please let us know what you think of the site and what tools we could provide to be of the most professional use to digital photographers and directors such as yourself!

Cheers,

Melissa
    www.nextcat.com/melissamassello
    Last edited by Nextcat CopyCat; 10-12-2007 at 04:08 PM.