Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: im thinking of upgrading

Default im thinking of upgrading

ok i have vegas movie studio 6 and i want to upgrade to vegas pro 8. Is there a package that 8 has with architect so i can upgrade them both or could someone give me links to each of the up grade spots

Just go to the sony website. Click on products then upgrade. it will tell you every thing you want to know
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

aight man sounds good`

what is so different about vegas8 than 6 studio cause i tried the trial version and it looked and pretty much did the same things as my studio 6 does

Quote Originally Posted by Braden View Post
    what is so different about vegas8 than 6 studio cause i tried the trial version and it looked and pretty much did the same things as my studio 6 does
    Oh really? Now, you may not WANT these pro features, but to say you can't see the difference . .

Try my "Top 10" differences:

1 - Unlimited Video and Audio tracks - Studio only 4

2 - The FRESH DVD Platter To-Go Please? Includes the latest DVDA 4.5 - "DVD Architect 4.5 software is only available with the purchase of the Vegas Pro 8 collection."

3 - 5.1 Audio Surround Sound mixing - NOT in Studio!!!

4 -Multi Cam editing - Oh yes!

5 - Colour Correction/Grading Toolset: Advanced color correction tools PLUS scopes! This places your video creations amongst the professional league - if you want to do that - well, I do!

6 - Making your Audio work Creatively for YOU! Use the new Mixing Console to blend and the Cinescore support pulls the audio experience together - nicely!

7 - It's a SNAP! The MASSIVELY useful Cross-Track vertical Snapping cursor bar!!

8 - Paint in your Audio Envelopes! Video AND Audio Envelope "Painting" tool!!!

9 - SCRIPTING!!!! - 'nuff said, just WOW!

10 - You want TOTAL Control? Master, auxiliary, and effects bus tracks

Oh yeah . . . nearly forgot . . . (new) ProType Titler . .

Oh yeah . . . nearly forgot . . . (new) Scripting extensions . .

Love it!!!

Grazie

.. oh here is the comparison chart too! http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/products/product.asp?PID=457&PageID=110

I was looking at the vegas Vegas Movie Studio Platinum Edition 8 and was wondering if there is alot of things cut out in that software and what are some of the the things Just wondering cuase i need to know before a go and buy cause i want to buy the right software the first time. and in the archetec will i be able to make animated buttons or no cause its studio
    Last edited by Braden; 10-13-2007 at 04:05 PM.

Blog Entries

As I have stated at least twice in the thread where you asked - you can make animated buttons (ie buttons that include video clips) in both versions. The method is exactly the same in Studio or Pro.
    As for Grazie's list, you don't get all the things he said except 5.1 which you DO get in a limited form with Platinum.
    But, of course you know this already as you've checked out the product comparison page
    Sony Creative Software - Vegas Pro 8 - Vegas Family Comparison

To be honest Braden, I'd get going with Movie Studio Platinum 8. If you don't get on with it you haven't wasted too much. If you DO get on with it and feel the need to expand into areas only available in Pro, then upgrading to Pro won't cost you much more than if you bought Pro in the first place. Might even cost less.

I started off with Movie Studio Platinum 6, then upgraded when "Pro" 7 came out, taking advantage of the discounted price promotion at launch. Cost me less than if I'd bought 7 outright.

If I hadn't got on with it, my next port of call would have been Premiere Elements (with a view to going to Pro if I liked that).

I think we are actually spoiled in this "high-end consumer" market in having watered down versions we can play with for not a massive outlay (a 30 day trial isn't really long enough to get a real feel for a product this complex unless you're a full time videographer)
    Tim

Tim, I was going with Braden's original comment - "ok i have vegas movie studio 6 and i want to upgrade to vegas pro 8." - He didn't mention Plat then? Only Movie Studio 6? He mentioned Plat AFTER I took time to list the movie studio 6 list - I which case, I WAS correct!

Love it!!

Grazie

Blog Entries

Grazie, that was understood. Which is why I said you DO get 5.1 in Platinum. My comment was never intended as a correction, only an amplification. Maybe I should have emphasised the Platinum.

It's very difficult to play as a team when someone keeps moving the goalposts
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    It's very difficult to play as a team when someone keeps moving the goalposts
    LOL!! Yeah . .no harm done.

Speaking of "goal-posts" - I do have a bit of a hangover. . !

King Jonny!!

The last 10 minutes of the rugger yesterday took 10 years off my life . .. Good to see the "Catt" getting "Man of the Match" though. Well deserved.

Apologies for making a non-Vegas reply . . But, maybe . . . .

England Rugby=Excellence=VegasPro8

Grazie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast