Thread: Making of the Move Need Help

Default Making of the Move Need Help

I'm fairly new to making my own movies and this question will probably sound really dumb as I'm not to educated on the whole video editing and burning to dvds but here goes.

I've got Pinnacle 10 and have just captured all my videos off my video camera.

I've got quite a lot of videos that I took on my camera and I now want to put them on dvd's

I've created my movies fine it's just when I come to the make movie tab that I have a small question.

My first move is 80mins long and I have Automatic Quality selected & it's telling me that the quality will be 81% What will the quality of this be like when I play it through my dvd player?

Also I have over 7 hours of Video footage I took on my holiday to Florida of my kids. Now I want to transfer all this onto dvd's. Will I need to use 7 dvd's to get the best quality? or is there a way I can compact it onto 3 or 3 dvd's and not lose too much on the quality?

people I know have 2 and 3 films or 3-4 hours of video footage on one dvd and the quality of them is excellent. Most have had them done by other people so they don't know how it is done.

Hope there is someone who can help me with this?

at 81% the quality will be fine, I think thats its not until you get down to 50% or less that you'll see a difference in quality.

On a standard 4.7Gb disc you should be able to get about 2hrs of footage without any real noticable loss of quality I believe.

Hmm can't get the edit post function to save.

The other thing i was going to say was to try is to burn your movie to a rewriteable disc at different quality settings to find the lowest quality you're prepared to accept that way you're not wasting discs

Quote Originally Posted by Raj View Post
    Hmm can't get the edit post function to save.

The other thing i was going to say was to try is to burn your movie to a rewriteable disc at different quality settings to find the lowest quality you're prepared to accept that way you're not wasting discs
    Hi Raj

Thanks for the advice I'll give it ago tomorrow and let you know how I get on.