Thread: Premier Elements 3.0 Installation Problem

Default Premier Elements 3.0 Installation Problem

My computer had gotten slow so I did a complete reboot. Erased everything and started over from scratch. Installed all software that came with my computer including SP2 and all other updates I'm aware of. The install disc runs complete and seams to work fine. The only thing I change is the location, Adobe wants to automatically install on C: drive and I told it to install on D: drive which is the same as all my video. While it was down I also installed 2 gig of RAM giving me a total of 2.5 gig. When I click on my desktop icon it begins to pull up, but then stops and gives an error that says "PSA Driver window Adobe Premier Elements.exe-Entry point not found Entry point GetAddrInfo not located in dynamic link library WS2_32.dll .
    I had this installed on my computer befor the reboot and it worked fine, so I know it will work, but something is keeping it from loading. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and get the same problem.
    Any Ideas. Thanks for any help.

Dell 8400
    2.5 gig Ram
    120 gig hard drive
    Dual core processer

Your Windows seems to be lacking here, not Adobe. I came across several forums about this particular problem, which made a ton of software not function.

The windows install will need repair (to replace/repair the dll), but I'd suggest a serious virus/adware/malware sweep and clean before you do it, as loss/corruption of that dll is frequently do to malicious wares. Good luck.