Thread: Help Please

Default Help Please

I have taken a video on a mini dvd canon camcorder, the video lasts about 20mins.
    After finalizing I put the disk into pc. It appears as a vob. file which i then converted into an mpeg file and save to hard disk.
    Everything is OK until I try to play the mpeg file. It plays fine on windows media player and VLC player.
    The issue is that it is only telling me there is 2mins of film and when the timeline gets to the end of the 2mins it stops but the video continues to play to the end.

I want to edit the video in vegas but again when i open it up in vegas it says there is only 2mins of video on the timeline and yet squeezed into the 2min timeline is the whole 20mins.
    PLease help as it is impossible to edit in this state.
    Any Ideas?
    Thank you.

Have you tried the vegas impoert camcoreder disc feature? Just put the disc in the drive go to file>import>camcoreder disc.

Also I deleted your other thread, Please don't double post!! One thread per topic. thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

Have tryed that but when i click ok the progress bar appears for a second then dissapears and nothing happens
    any ideas please??

Are you pointing it to the correct drive? Are you using the full version of vegas or studio??

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

yeah pointing to correct drive. i am using studio.
    Does this make a difference?
    thank you

Surrey, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by joni21uk View Post
    i am using studio.
    Does this make a difference?
    I don't believe so. My guess is Wil was asking for completeness and juust in case we discover a feature (ie bug) in one version not apparent in the other.

Given the file, renames as an mpg plays OK in otrher apps, you might like to try the following (as a workaround NOT a solution which is what we want to aim for in the long run)

(a) Download a trial of some other software. Attempt to import the DVD or mpg and write it out again in a variety of formats - see which, if any, Vegas will read correctly.

(b) As above but download Virtual Dub (or one of many freebie video concersion tools) read in the "mpg" and export as avi. (Vegas will almost certainly read this)

Get the program MPG to AVi that may help as AVI is a lot easier to edit with

MPEG2AVI | Software - (DivX/XviD) Digital Digest