Thread: Help with compression/exporting in PPRO 7.0

Default Help with compression/exporting in PPRO 7.0

Hello All,

I don't consider myself a complete idiot, but I have tried over the last 3 days to export a simple MPEG from PPRO 7.0 with no luck. Sure, I can export MPEGS and they look good, but I am trying to export one that is under 100mb so I can upload it to YouTube. If I mess with the export setting I get all sorts of bizarre glitches in the video. I have had wavy lines, I have had choppy video that will make you motion sick, I have even had a clown jump onto my screen and light my video project on fire while squirting me in the face with soda-water. Well, okay maybe that last one didn't happen, but I am ready to jam a number 2 pencil into my temple and call it quits. I need your help....please....

Here is what I am working with:

Adobe PPRO 7.0

The footage was shot on a Sony Handycam SR-42 Hard Drive Camera:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8211534&type=product&id=11662355 52112

I am working on a Windows XP machine.

Now I have edited all of the video and have done all of my sound, I just want to export an MPEG that is under 100mb so I can upload it to YouTube. My video is a little over 6-minutes long. I have tried to export it as everything including MPEG, MPEG2, WMV, FLV, SWF, and I get weird glitches each time. Example:

MPEG: Can be really choppy and gives you motion sickness
    WMV: Has bizarre wavy lines that distort the image
    FLV and SWF: For some reason the ratio is tweaked on these so if I try to export it as a 4:3 it comes out looking sqaure and if I export it as a 16:9 it makes it vertically taller than it is wide.

I am no video Guru and only had minimal PPRO training in college like 6 years ago. I just need to know what sort of settings I need to tweak so I can export a decent looking video that is under 100mb with decent sound. Can someone walk me through what the settings should be? I have been crawling through message boards the last three days and I can't find anything. I have tried the default export settings but they either glitch something or are too large. I have tried taking a good MPEG2 export and running it through a FLV/SWF converter but it screws up the ratio. I seriously think I am going insane.

Please Obi-wan Kenobi, you are my only hope....

Default compression/exporting

Hi LaVarious,
    Somebody jeer at you!
    I understanding that you spend a money but purchasing other converter better ,because in future you will have hassle.
    Believe my bitter experience!
    Now I use TuneCab converter, and my torture are finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Violeta View Post
    Hi LaVarious,
    Somebody jeer at you!
    I understanding that you spend a money but purchasing other converter better ,because in future you will have hassle.
    Believe my bitter experience!
    Now I use TuneCab converter, and my torture are finished.
    I use Tunebite for my conversions, which is the most advanced music/video converter.