Thread: Pixilated Lines Form?

Default Pixilated Lines Form?

Hello everyone, I've had an annoying video glitch for quite some time that I just can't figure out. Pixilated lines that comes from nowhere every now and again with my videos. They usually form at the top of the screen lasting for only a second. I took a sample of one of my videos so that you all can see what I mean. Watch closely at the top of the screen, you should see what I mean...

Note the quality was much better before I uploaded it to Image Shack but you should still see what happens.

ImageShack - Hosting :: 320x240mpeg1tj8.flv

I would greatly appreciate any advise and/or help on this issue. I would love to find out on how to fix this annoying issue. Also, my camera is a JVC Everio 20GB.
    Last edited by Aaronsaari; 10-09-2007 at 09:01 PM.

Here are some close ups.

I don't get it.

Those lines can be caused by many things, for example bad tape or problem with the camera.
    but you can eliminate those reasons by connecting your camera to a large TV and see if the lines are still exist (or not).

They can also be caused while the importing procedure, before importing the video from the camera to your hard drive check there aren't any "heavy" programs that run in the background and steal your processing power/ memory (you can check it by pressing alt+ctrl+del).
    Import the video to your C drive and not to other drive (that solves the problem with weak computers).

For the "record", what is your system spec ?

Processor Type and Speed Dell XPS 410 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz
    Amount of RAM
    :4.00 GB of RAM

Also my camcorder plays the video fine with no glitches. It's a hard drive camera and I'm sure it's neither the camera nor the computer since my computer is not slow. Hopefully I can correct this issue seeing though I need to start editing my videos soon. Has anyone ever had this issue and if so, what was done to fix it. I would think my videos would look unprofessional or cheap if I decided to leave the glitches. I try to gain the best quality as possible for my movies. That's why I went with a hard drive camera seeing though there would be less quality loss and lesser processes to get the media on to my PC. I have two actual movies I've created, Sunday Drive and Sunday Drive II. Now I'm in the process of the third.
    Last edited by Aaronsaari; 10-10-2007 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Needed more info.
    Dell XPS 410 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz 2.39 GHz, 4.00 GB of RAM

Okay, a friend just informed me that it's an interlacing issue. Now there's interlacing and de-interlacing. This is probably a stupid question but, do I need to de-interlace the video to correct this? Also, is there any sort of interlacing option with Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0?

I found this in Premiere Elements 3.0.

I tried all the different options on this menu, none seemed to correct the glitch. So again, I'm throwing my hands in the air.

Indeed. Yes. That may be the issue. I'm suprised it hasnt been picked up earlier in the thread.

I havent really gone into it much myself but it is a matter of de-interlacing the footage I think. So try clicking the 'always deinterlace' option.

I use Adobe Premiere Pro and work using Interlaced footage and with Lower Fields First.
    This may be an issue though because I'm from the U.K using a PAL system, and your from the U.S, I assume, using the NTSC format. I haven't really gone into it but it may arise problems.

... anyway just general information their, ulimately, try the 'always deinterlace' option and see what that does.
    Chris Hammond
    Senior Programme Editor
    The Sikh Channel

E: chris.hammond@sikhchannel.tv
    T: 0121 380 1050
    M: 07594786497
    W: www.sikhchannel.tv

Sky Channel 840
    Support : Participate : Contribute
    World's First TV Channel dedicated to the Sikh Faith

Thanks Chrishamsandwich for the advice. I guess the whole time it was a software issue. So I did some scrounging around and found the original box and all the manuals for my camera. Way down at the bottom of the box was a CD labeled, CyberLink PowerDirector Express. So I figured I might as well try it. Sure enough, I popped it in, installed it and imported some video with those annoying pixel defects. Somehow this program corrected it and I also had better exporting options. So basically I'm going to use this program only for cleaning the video up because the editing options are very limited compared to Premiere Elements. So the question is; should I still de-interlace? CyberLink PowerDirector Express has this option. I don't know if it's a good idea to always de-interlace with every video production I produce. To me it seems that de-interlacing makes the video look kind of blurry. Also I have many exporting options with CyberLink PowerDirector Express. What is the best quality to export the video to? Here's some screen shots I took. These are the available export formats. What's the best one? Anymore help would be appreciated.