Thread: Poor quality DVD from Premiere Pro 1.5

Default Poor quality DVD from Premiere Pro 1.5

Have just finished editing my first movie in Premiere Pro 1.5, created an MPEG2 using the Adobe Media Encoder set on 'PAL DV 4x3 High Quality 7Mb CBR 1 Pass' (55 minute movie to fill a DVD) and created the DVD with Encore - the quality of the DVD was comparable to VHS cassette!!!

I then tried exporting the movie as an AVI and used Encore to transcode to the same setting - same result!!!

Can anyone please point me to the best setting to get good quality DVD's please.

that happened with me on premiere pro... i dont think adobe media encoder is friggin awesome... try to find a reaaalllyyy nice MPEG encoder. Marc, whats the best encoder on the market?
    Frank Sinatra - \"Thats Life, Biatch\"

Blog Entries

This article http://videosystems.com/mag/video_mp...oder_shootout/ provides a pretty comprehensive comparison of various MPEG2 encoders.

Default How I solved my poor quality problem

Hi, I have been having similar problems with Premier pro and after reading your thread as well as other similar ones I decided to look again at all the settings.
    I finally discovered a setting window that I had not seen before and made some changes that solved the problem for me - my DVD video now plays with (fairly) good quality on my TV. Here's what I did:
    File/Export/Export To DVD
    Choose 'Encoding' on the next dialog.
    The top selection box has a large number of choices, such as "PAL DV 4x3 High quality 4Mb VBR 2 pass" etc.
    Now I am using widescreen so I needed one of the 16x9 options. However, the default setup had no 'high quality" 16x9 options to choose, only "low quality" ones. But the new thing I hadn't noticed before was the "new..." at the bottom of the choice list.
    On selecting this it allowed me to create a new configuration using one of the existing ones as a base. In the next popup, choose "video" on the left and it provides a window with various widgets for changing settings. One of these is a 'quality' slider. I cranked this up to near the top, saved the setup as a new configuration and it did the job! I'll now just reuse this setting when ever I burn.
    Hope this works for you.

Default How I solved my poor quality problem

Hi, I have been having similar problems with Premier pro and after reading your thread as well as other similar ones I decided to look again at all the settings.
    I finally discovered a setting window that I had not seen before and made some changes that solved the problem for me - my DVD video now plays with (fairly) good quality on my TV. Here's what I did:
    File/Export/Export To DVD
    Choose 'Encoding' on the next dialog.
    The top selection box has a large number of choices, such as "PAL DV 4x3 High quality 4Mb VBR 2 pass" etc.
    Now I am using widescreen so I needed one of the 16x9 options. However, the default setup had no 'high quality" 16x9 options to choose, only "low quality" ones. But the new thing I hadn't noticed before was the "new..." at the bottom of the choice list.
    On selecting this it allowed me to create a new configuration using one of the existing ones as a base. In the next popup, choose "video" on the left and it provides a window with various widgets for changing settings. One of these is a 'quality' slider. I cranked this up to near the top, saved the setup as a new configuration and it did the job! I'll now just reuse this setting when ever I burn.
    Hope this works for you.