Thread: Looking for an Interference Filter

Default Looking for an Interference Filter

We are making this short film and in the intro we wanted some sort of interference or distortion.

Like, you hear this FM stutter/inteference noise and then the picture becomes all distorted and jumpy like a bad TV signal.

Is there any program that supports such a filter?

(It's difficult to explain but if anyone have seen say the first Halo 3 trailer, with the overlapping Cortana, that's exactly what we need.)

I don't know about a filter, but the sony sound series 1-10 has the effect, In fact it has about any effect you could think of, Its kinda spendy at about $700 USD. If you can't find the a filter and/or don't come up with soming it might be cheaper to hire some on to do it for you unless you do the same effect often.

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

yes well I have the sound effects, pretty easy to just generate, but what I need is something to make a video look like it is being distorted/inferenced.

I know you can do it in After Effects, have you tried googling for it, some times you can find ready made effects.

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

Well I managed to make something that looked like it in AE using echo and wave distort and a bunch of other thrown together and lowering the opacity of that the distorted clip and overlapping it with the original. But it dosent all that pretty.

(have a missed something in AE that can do it all for me?)

I have googled it, which led me here btw, but no luck finding some effect plugin or anything.