Im getting increasingly confused while looking around for a PC syste I can edit with. A little advice from you people in the know would be so helpful to me!
My budget is about £800. I want the pc for general usage (Internet and disc burning mainly) but also to edit film of no more than 10-20 mins long, which I will hopefully screen at short film festivals. I have a DV camcorder with DV out. I will be editing on Premiere.
Please dont get too technical on me...Im new to all this! I keep getting conflicting opinions, and I really hope I can clear it up here.
A few questions:
1) Bearing in mind my budget...should I buy or build(with help from a friend)?
2) I keep seeing very tempting offers from Tiny.com, like this one:
...are these any good? I was told today that they are unreliable, and that I should just get a Dell. Would you agree?
3) If someone could give me a simple list of "must have's" for a system, that would be great. What specs should I look for? ANy particular brands?
4) If I buy off the shelf....any recommendations?
5) Pentium or Athlon? Why? (please keep it very simple!)
Hope this isnt too much! Thanks a lot. You people are great