Thread: Best vegas 7 rendering settings?

Default Best vegas 7 rendering settings?

Well, most of the time when I try to render a video after editing (they are all avi files) only to watch on my computer, it comes out pixelly and slow and stuff, its just weird. Basically, I'm trying to find out the best rendering settings and file format so that I dont lose any quality, or barely any, so that when I'm done editing this video, I can put it on a dvd. So like, I would love to know the best rendering setting and file format for play back on my computer, but more importantly, the best rendering settings and file format (which im sure is mpeg2 right?) for playback on a dvd, after editing and everything. Please help, and thanks to everyone.

can anyone help me please?

Yes, for dvd you'll need mpeg-2, the bit rate depends on the length of your video, For the web it depends on what program you want to use, Windows media or Quick time, Xvid, Divx it all depends on what you like.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

MPG2 is good for a dvd, search for some good properties on the internet for the best mpg2 quality then you get a nice dvd

Quote Originally Posted by Chapman Photography View Post
    Yes, for dvd you'll need mpeg-2, the bit rate depends on the length of your video, For the web it depends on what program you want to use, Windows media or Quick time, Xvid, Divx it all depends on what you like.
    well, the length is probably going to be around 30 minutes to maybe 50 minutes, after im done editing. And right now on my computer, I like quicktime the best. But I have windows media player too so yeah.

You can get about 70 minutes at 8Mb/S, also trying using AC3 files for the sound, this also saves space compared to the PCM audio.