Thread: 6, 7 or 8?

1. Default 6, 7 or 8?

OK, this may be a general question, but which Sony Vegas version is the best?

6, 7 or 8?

And should I buy the Platinum Edition, Movie Studio (etc.)? I have a 100 ($200) budget.

Thanks!

~Delta

On that buget you might be able to find the full version of 6, Theres not a lot of diffrence between 6 and 7. Version 8 has some nice new things added. 6 is a fine program and seeing how its a little older the price is down, just do a google search.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

when you computer is good enough for vegas 8 (check your ram,ghz,grapicard....) then get that one because of the much new options and new edit tools. it gonna help you to make a better movie with more effects

i have vegas 6 movie studio and im not that happy about it because with the studio versions have alot of cool features missing in them which kinda sucks so if i were you i would save up and buy 8 or 7 just dont get anything studio

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Braden View Post
    i have vegas 6 movie studio and im not that happy about it because with the studio versions have alot of cool features missing in them which kinda sucks so if i were you i would save up and buy 8 or 7 just dont get anything studio
    Braden, I think you're doing the Studio products range a great injustice. They are every bit as good, if not better than anything else at that price point. It is aimed at a different market than full Vegas and that differentiation in markets just got bigger with Vegas 8 getting the "Pro" suffix.

There is very little that I (as an enthusiast rather than a professional) do with Vegas Pro 8 that I couldn't do with Movie Studio - at least as far as basic editing is concerned. I "like" to have unlimited tracks - but often being forced to use fewer tracks makes you work more efficiently. I "love" velocity envelopes, but my life wouldn't be destroyed without them. I don't use 5.1 surround.

The real benefit, as far as I'm concerned, is in colour correction - both the tools and the vectorscopes.
    And the other real benefit is scripting - not that I write any, but it's useful for nicking scripts that others have generously donated.
    And the other real benefit is that there are many, many, many sample veggies on the web. Studio can't read them - even though in 90% cases studio is capable of doing what is being demonstrated.

Thinking about it, one of my main reasons, nay THE main reason for upgrading from Studio to "full" and now Pro was so I could make use of veggies and scripts posted by others.
    Tim

Blog Entries

I used vegas 6 for ages - it's a great editor and a steal at 100. I would reccomend a slightly older full version over the still capable studio.

Blog Entries

I used vegas 6 for ages - it's a great editor and a steal at 100. I would reccomend a slightly older full version over the still capable studio.