Thread: About to edit in Vegas again!

1. Default About to edit in Vegas again!

Hello!

Iam all new to this forum, rude enough, iam going to start by asking questions.
    Sorry about that, but hopefully you guys can help me out a little since some of you most defentiely know A LOT more then i know about editing in Vegas.

I use Vegas 6.0. Have been using it for about a year and edited a couple of short films with it. I Love it, without a doubt. Just been installing XP agian and completely restarted my computer. Now i have just finished installing Vegas again, and i have a couple of starting up questions. Excuse my ignorance, but its been a long time since i used it the last time. It would be SOOO cool if someone was willing to take some time to answer some of them. Thanks in advance!

1. When starting up Vegas iam told that "Media Manager intialization failed". So, media manager doesnt work. Media Manager is just to help organizing right? Do i need it, or is it fine to go on without it? I dont think i used it before, but dont really remember.

2. Iam also told that iam missing a couple of Audio plugins. Sound works both in editing and after rendering. Do i need these audio plugins? Will this affect my movies a lot or can i work around it?

3. When starting a new project, i normally choose PAL DV / 720 X 576 / 25,000 fps. What are the other settings thats important to check? Like Lower or Upper field? Deinterlace method? I render my movies as DV PAL AVI and make DVD:s. Is it some setting that is an ABSOLUTE disaster to forget?

4. I got kind of lost while making my registration, but i think i got both my serial number and activation code checked. Is it some easy way to find out however iam registred or not, som it dont stop working after 60 days? My editing computer is not connected to the Internet now and i really dont want to hook it up. Maybe i can check if its still an option to register (like under help, i forget where that option is supposed to be) or if that disapeard, my registartion is complete?

Thanks so much for the attention, and have a nice day!

J

1) Are you using Vista? from what I understand MM will not work on a vista mechine, I guess vers 8 will.

2) It can, what plugins are you missing? To get some plug ins to work, like AC3 you have to register vegas

3) The field order depends on the captured footage, If your video looks bad try changing the order.

4) On the splash screen it will say registered to....... And it will tell you if your in demo mode, abnd if I recall right you can;t render to mpeg if you have the demo
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

3. Default

THANKS!

1. Iam using XP Proffesional. I can easily survive without Media Manager. Itīs not absolutly neccesary right?

2. Iam registered (i think it worked out ok in the end). If i feel like i need these plugins, where can i get them?

3. Can someone recommend a good first setting? Or very short explain what is the difference between Lower and upper?

4. It says licensed to, I figure that is pretty much the same. I got lost with the activation code (since my computer is not connected). But since i can activate Vegas iam guessing that its ok? Or am I terribly wrong? Would be a nightmare.

Once again, thank you soooo much. I feel kinda guitly for wanting ALL the knowledge everyone have, but anyone else got suggestions?

THANKS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by storhuvve View Post
    THANKS!

1. Iam using XP Proffesional. I can easily survive without Media Manager. Itīs not absolutly neccesary right?

2. Iam registered (i think it worked out ok in the end). If i feel like i need these plugins, where can i get them?

3. Can someone recommend a good first setting? Or very short explain what is the difference between Lower and upper?

4. It says licensed to, I figure that is pretty much the same. I got lost with the activation code (since my computer is not connected). But since i can activate Vegas iam guessing that its ok? Or am I terribly wrong? Would be a nightmare.

Once again, thank you soooo much. I feel kinda guitly for wanting ALL the knowledge everyone have, but anyone else got suggestions?

THANKS!!!
    1) no you don't "need" MM
    2) Some plugins like QT you just need to install
    3) When you click file>new. you'll get a new window. look near the top you;ll see a file folder icon click that and follow the ibstructions. It will set the prop to that file you pick.
    4) Since you don't have iot hooked to the internet to you activate by phone. Are you using a Legal copy that you paid for??
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction